Uploading file to file manager seems to be broken

filip.galic10
filip.galic10 Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 9 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited September 2023 in Spryker Development

https://backoffice.de.b2b.demo-spryker.com/file-manager-gui/directories-tree

I tested out this feature locally on latest version + on the b2b demo page.
When I upload a file to the folder I get redirected back to the file manager page with an empty error message

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey,

I just tested this as well in a 202307.0 b2b-demo-shop locally and for me it works to upload a .png file.

What file type did you upload? How big was the file? Have you tried to empty the cache in your browser?

All the best,

Florian

• filip.galic10

Hi, above are the steps I did. It's a 222kb file, this is tested on the b2b2-demo-spryker.com

• filip.galic10

Note to above: I couldn't find any usefull docs to see if I am missing anything:
    This is what I tried to follow: https://docs.spryker.com/docs/pbc/all/content-management-system/202307.0/base-shop/file-manager-feature-overview.html#file-tree

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

So for the public demoshop i can confirm the same behavior. But on my local machine I can not. In your initial post you said you have it as well on your local machine. Just to double check: is the behavior there the same? Because in the public demoshop it could be some security restriction.

All the best,

Florian

• fsmeier

btw, i move this topic into the dev-corner since it seems to be unrelated to academy itself. :)

• filip.galic10

Same thing on my local environment:

"name": "spryker-feature/file-manager","version": "202307.0",
    "require": {

"php": ">=8.0",

"spryker-shop/file-manager-widget": "^2.0.0",

"spryker/file-manager": "^2.2.0",

"spryker/file-manager-data-import": "^2.0.0",

"spryker/file-manager-gui": "^2.4.0",

"spryker/file-manager-storage": "^2.3.0"

},

I just updated to these versions and it didn't work, I will do a fresh reinstall of the project and check again.

Are there any special env vairables or anything I should be aware of?

• filip.galic10

Funny enough I am just seing this change
    https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop/commit/9a98d58843b9594ba655be1c1d220d7cccc37ea6
    in spryker b2b shop that seems to help me.Β 

I am not sure if its wanted behaviour or not, since are packages are on latest version

• fsmeier

Hmm… I really dont understand why it is not working for you. Or did you upgrade to that version?

I had a fresh & clean install of the b2b-demo-shop 202307.0 version and there it worked.

Btw, I got confirmation that the public demoshops are not on the latest release version yet.

All the best,

Florian

• filip.galic10

Works after adding https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop/commit/9a98d58843b9594ba655be1c1d220d7cccc37ea6
    this change! Seems to be a bug in spryker core that demoshop solved by extending the project level

• filip.galic10

@fsmeier Do you know if this feature can be used to serve the files over the CDN (S3 bucket). I managed to make the uploader work

• fsmeier

Heyhey,
    sorry, i dont know. What exactly do you wanna do? Upload a file here and then serve it via CDN later on once it will be requested?

All the best,

Florian