Product validity table cleanup

mikko.ropanen
mikko.ropanen Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 27 ✨ - Novice

\Spryker\Zed\ProductValidity\Persistence\ProductValidityQueryContainer::queryProductsBecomingInvalid queries db table spy_product_validity for items that are valid_to < now.

But is this table ever cleaned up anywhere?

From what I can tell, the check-product-validity Jenkins job runs every hour (or whenever it's set up to run), does the above query, sets the resulting products as inactive and… that's it. The spy_product_validity table is untouched, and the next job run does the same things all over again.

Best Answer

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓

Heyhey,

so I checked the code and I would say so as well. Overall Spryker rarely deletes any product related data ootb.

So this table grows over time….

Likely not the answer you wish for, yet: If you run into performance issues because of this I ask you kindly to create an official support ticket so the problem is being tracked.

All the best,

Florian

Answers

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    edited October 2023 Answer ✓

Heyhey,

so I checked the code and I would say so as well. Overall Spryker rarely deletes any product related data ootb.

So this table grows over time….

Likely not the answer you wish for, yet: If you run into performance issues because of this I ask you kindly to create an official support ticket so the problem is being tracked.

All the best,

Florian

• mikko.ropanen
    mikko.ropanen Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 27 ✨ - Novice

Thanks Florian! I'll probably add an isActive-check to the query and make an official ticket about this Sometime™ when I have time :)