What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi! I'm trying to get the merchant demo running from docker but the startup fails. Any help would be

U03T08LE3CP
U03T08LE3CP Posts: 185 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited August 2022 in Docker

Hi! I'm trying to get the merchant demo running from docker but the startup fails. Any help would be great!

Command yves-build-frontend [vendor/bin/console frontend:yves:build] (In progress...)
Store: DE | Environment: docker.dev
Install Merchant Portal dependencies
Output trimmed, only last 100 lines shown.
Install Zed dependencies
Build Yves frontend

spryker-b2c-demo-shop@ yves /data

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Try to update spryker/docker-sdk and\or pull latest images.

• U03T08LE3CP

we just cloned and pruned everything local

• U03T08LE3CP

unless you have some versions we should upgrade?

• Valerii Trots

No, nothing specific. Just saw couple of occurrences of the same exception in the internal slack.
    In some cases simple restart of the host machine helped, in some cases people didn't use latest spryker/docker-sdk.
    So no clear solution unfortunately.

• U03T08LE3CP

on my linux this was resolved by retrying the up command, but on my colleagues MacOS it repeats every time

• Valerii Trots

Famous "it works on my machine"...

• U03T08LE3CP

this is a big problem for our team since none of our mac users can start Spryker

• Valerii Trots

Unfortunately I can't even check if I have the same as I'm on Linux and personally I didn't see such an error myself yet. I'm spinning up different demo shops on a daily basis. Old, new, latest versions (eg. spryker-shop/suite). Β―_(ツ)_/Β―

• U03T08LE3CP
    edited August 2022

I was able to reproduce it once by pruning everything docker, cloning the demo marketplace shop and running bootstrap dev && up

• U03T08LE3CP

and a further observation is that the demo storefront does compile fine