duplicate config in stores.php?

victor.vanherpt
victor.vanherpt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 55 🪐 - Explorer

I can't help but notice that in the demoshop stores.php, the contents is almost duplicated, having a if (getenv('SPRYKER_ACTIVE_STORES')) { statement at the beginning of the first block.
I don't seem to find any documented explanation to this behaviour. Can someone explain why is this?

Best Answer

• Hidran Arias
    Hidran Arias Senior Technical Trainer Sprykee Posts: 81 🏛 - Council (mod)
    edited February 6 Answer ✓

That file is to be deprecated as stores would be stored in the database. Just useful as a fallback if not in a Dynamic Multistore as for Dynamic MultiStore you´d have the DataImport for your stores and the Backoffice

Answers

• Hidran Arias

Hi,

What do you mean by duplicated ?

If there is that en variable, then the stores array is returned , otherwise there is the fallback configuration fo DE ,AT and US.

If you search for the env variable inside the docker folder, you´re going to see that they´re set in there according to the regions´ settings in the deploy file

• victor.vanherpt
    victor.vanherpt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 55 🪐 - Explorer

Hi @Hidran Arias ! Yes, my point being why do we need a fallback configuration at all?

Within the docker sdk I saw that spryker_active_stores is just collecting al stores defined in the deployment file regions.

I think having this fallback configuration just creates more confusion than needed, and I don't see related documentation (might be an old topic now anyways, as dynamic multistore will probably kill that part of the code).

• Hidran Arias
    edited February 6 Answer ✓

That file is to be deprecated as stores would be stored in the database. Just useful as a fallback if not in a Dynamic Multistore as for Dynamic MultiStore you´d have the DataImport for your stores and the Backoffice