[Community Contribution] Take the virtual torch, and build upon these contributions!

amansilla
amansilla Sprykee Posts: 20 🪐 - Explorer
edited June 20 in Developer Corner

Hi everyone,

let me present to you something I've worked on in the last weeks and I'm particular proud of to share with you, so you can use it yourself and make it even greater! 🤩

A few words about myself before we start: My name is Antonio Mansilla, and I'm leading the Spryker Solution Engineering Demo team, driving the creation of innovative, sophisticated, and tailored Spryker-based demos for potential customers and partners.

Let's get right into it. You will find below 👇️ three great community contributions you can use within your projects and contribute to.

CLI Toolkit

This is aimed to be the Swiss army knife for Spryker Commerce OS developers, DevOps, and sys admins. It encapsulates multiple utilities for enhancing the daily operations with Spryker.

The first utility is an AI-powered command that instantly translates all demo data and glossary texts in any Spryker frontend, backend, demoshop, or merchant portal to your chosen language. This tool supports the majority of languages spoken worldwide.

I can envision how this toolkit can be further extended with your contributions. For instance, by adding additional commands for managing the Spryker cloud, triggering deployments, creating and downloading database backups... Essentially, anything you need to streamline your daily tasks, boost your performance, and eliminate repetitive tasks. Your input and ideas are invaluable for enhancing the toolkit's functionality and usability! 🛠️💻

Multilingual Translations package

Spryker lets you localize your store for multiple regions and markets and provides out-of-the-box English and German translations. This package provides multilingual translations for words and phrases shipped with Spryker, including the following languages are included:

• 🇦🇪 Arabic (United Arab Emirates)
  • 🇨🇳 Chinese (China)
  • 🇫🇷 French (France)
  • 🇮🇹 Italian (Italy)
  • 🇳🇱 Dutch (Netherlands)
  • 🇵🇹 Portuguese (Portugal)
  • 🇪🇦 Spanish (Spain)

I encourage you to contribute to this open-source project by enhancing the translations for existing languages or adding new languages that haven't been covered yet! Your contributions will help make the project more inclusive and accessible to users worldwide. 🌍🚀

AI Product Information Translator

This AI-powered package allows business users, or those with access to the Spryker Backoffice, to translate product-related information, such as name or description, into any language available in your system configuration. It provides, by default, integration with OpenAI, but it can be easily extended with additional engines like DeepL or GeminiAI.

Currently, this project focuses solely on product information content translations. However, I can envision how your contributions could expand its functionality to cover other areas, such as the Spryker CMS. This would enable you to translate CMS content as well, making the platform even more versatile and valuable for users. Your ideas and efforts towards enhancing the project's capabilities are highly appreciated and welcomed! 🌟💬

@Samuel Pais recently recorded a short video in which we go through the contributions and elaborate on them.

Check it out here 🎥

Let me know in the comment what you think about the contributions. You can find me on Github & LinkedIn.

Share what you are considering building next!

Comments