Can i show my custom module in frontend without modifying the RouterDependencyProvider.php file?

sunil
sunil Posts: 5 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi Team, I have create a custom module inside src/Pyz/Yves and using that i am showing the homepage. Inside the src/Pyz/Yves/Router/RouterDependencyProvider.php, I have replaced new HomePageRouteProviderPlugin() with my custom module plugin i.e new CustomRouteProviderPlugin() and right now homepage is loading from my custom module.

Now i want to load this homepage without modifying the RouterDependencyProvider.php file.

Is their any way to call this new CustomRouteProviderPlugin() inside my custom module, so that i don't have to modify RouterDependencyProvider.php.

If yes, can you share some example code or any reference code that can help?

Answers

• victor.vanherpt
    victor.vanherpt Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 55 🪐 - Explorer

Good morning here @sunil!

I believe your are replacing the HomePageRouteProviderPlugin() right?

Rather than that, create a new one in your module (you can copy HomePageRouteProviderPlugin()), refactor it to match your needs and then add a new line in the \Pyz\Yves\Router\RouterDependencyProvider::getRouteProvider referencing your new RouteProviderPlugin().

if you check the getRouteProvider function, it has a new function for each controller-managed route (You could also go the StorageRouter, but I guess that's another (more complicated) story :) )

Here's \Pyz\Yves\Router\RouterDependencyProvider::getRouteProvider:
    protected function getRouteProvider(): array

{

return [

# (... Other route plugins)

new HomePageRouteProviderPlugin(),

# (... Other route plugins)

new MyNewControllerRouteProviderPlugin(),

];

}

• sunil
    sunil Posts: 5 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

These are the screenshot of my code structure.

Now i want to make this homepage running without modifying RouterDependencyProvider.php file / adding this line new CustomRouteProviderPlugin() in the RouterDependencyProvider.php

Is their any way to add this line inside my custom module, as i want this module to be independent module.

And also can you share some example or reference code.

• Salmanali Agharia
    Salmanali Agharia Posts: 8 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi @sunil ,

Registering your routes is compulsory action so that application can know which action ( in our case indexAction() )to perform when a new request is received. RouterDependencyProvider basically adds your provided routes in routeCollection. You can't ignore this step if you want your custom url to work. Router in itself is a separate module for manging routing in Spryker, so you should not move it's logic in your custom module.

Reference :- https://docs.spryker.com/docs/dg/dev/upgrade-and-migrate/silex-replacement/router/router-yves.html

Thanks