FYI: symfony/filesystem version 6.4.7 breaks some console commands

mikko.ropanen
mikko.ropanen Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 27 ✨ - Novice

For example propel:install fails with

ErrorException - Exception: fileperms(): stat failed for /data/src/Orm/Propel/Schema//spy_acl.schema.xml

This is because of https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/54471 using the STFU operator @ to silence fileperms() in vendor/symfony/filesystem/Filesystem.php:689 and from what I understand, Spryker's error handler doesn't like that(?)

Tagged:

Comments

• ynnoig
    ynnoig Spryker Customer Posts: 13 ✨ - Novice

Yes, for us too.. We had to constraint temporarly to 6.4.6

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey,
    does this happen with the ootb demoshop or after updating packages individually?

Can you provide me more information about how to reproduce it?

+ it always helps to also create an official support case so I can better push the prio :)

All the best,

Florian

• nicolas.messias773
    nicolas.messias773 Spryker Customer Posts: 1 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited May 23

Same for us.

To fix it we've added the E_WARNING to the error level log only list.

# default_config.php

$config[ErrorHandlerConstants::ERROR_LEVEL_LOG_ONLY] = E_DEPRECATED | E_USER_DEPRECATED | E_WARNING;

The downside is that these warnings are now being logged in the deployment pipelines and jenkins logs.

• mikko.ropanen

Based on PR https://github.com/symfony/symfony/pull/54878 for Symfony 5.4 there's a pretty good chance they'll also fix/change that for 6.4.

Offtopic but related: I have very little understanding of how different error levels work, but apparently I had at some point added a custom config (default_config.php):
    // This is a custom solution to keep deprecation messages from filling the logs
    // -Mikko
    $config[ErrorHandlerConstants::ERROR_LEVEL_DO_NOT_LOG] = E_DEPRECATED | E_USER_DEPRECATED;

and used that to wrap error logging in \Pyz\Shared\ErrorHandler\ErrorHandlerEnvironment::setErrorHandler like:
    $doNotLogLevels = Config::get(ErrorHandlerConstants::ERROR_LEVEL_DO_NOT_LOG, 0);
    if (($severity & $doNotLogLevels) === 0) {
    ErrorLogger::getInstance()->log($exception);
    }

Sorry for the formatting.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey, me again :)

Can you provide me more information about how to reproduce it in the ootb demoshop?

All the best,

Florian

• mikko.ropanen

Should be just
    docker/sdk cli composer update
    or
    docker/sdk cli composer require symfony/filesystem:6.4.7

and then
    docker/sdk console propel:install

starts failing. Or I think more accurately propel:schema:copy is the step that does the thing in filesystem.

• ynnoig
    ynnoig Spryker Customer Posts: 13 ✨ - Novice
    edited June 3
  • fsmeier

Heyhey,
    so I followed @mikko.ropanen s steps now to reproduce and it seems to be fixed with the latest release as @ynnoig was mentioning 🙌

Thank you all for your input! I love this collaboration in the community!!

Have a nice day,

all the best,

Florian