Trigger command from backoffice

bhupendra.doniwal
bhupendra.doniwal Posts: 48 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi team,

I need to trigger a data export command from the back office, but I'm not sure how to do it. The command works fine in Jenkins, but I need to run it from the back office.

Comments

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey @bhupendra.doniwal ,

The simplest would be you create a Controller-action in the Back Office from where you wanna trigger your functionality. Then look into the command you wanna use the functionality from. You will see that the command itself just takes the arguments/options and forwards it to a Facade - reuse the same logic within your newly created controller :)

Hope this helps you to solve your challenge πŸ’ͺ

All the best,

Florian

• bhupendra.doniwal
    bhupendra.doniwal Posts: 48 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi @fsmeier,

Thank you for the suggestion!

I have a follow-up question: Is there any code snippet available that demonstrates how to directly trigger a command, similar to how we do it in Jenkins? This would be really helpful in implementing the functionality in the back office.

Thanks again for your assistance!

Best regards,
    Bhupendra

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey @bhupendra.doniwal ,

you need to track down the Console command itself, so the php class of the command to understand the functionality.

Have a look into the data-export module line 88: https://github.com/spryker/data-export/blob/0.1.5/src/Spryker/Zed/DataExport/Communication/Console/DataExportConsole.php#L88

There you see the actual Facade-call: $dataExportReportTransfers = $this->getFacade()->exportDataEntities($dataExportConfigurationsTransfer);

All the other stuff around is just preparation of data and proper output and can be adjusted for your needs. But the business-logic which is behind the facade you do not need to redo. Just use this facade in your Back Office controller action of your choice.

All the best,

Florian