QueueHandlerPlugin for YVES - docker/sdk

DavidGreiner
DavidGreiner Spryker Backend-Developer Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 10 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey ho!

I set up Logstash with an extra docker-compose file to read/push log messages from RabbitMq to ElasticSearch in my local development environment.

This works like a charm for ZED using the corresponding QueueHandlerPlugin (\Spryker\Zed\Log\Communication\Plugin\Handler\QueueHandlerPlugin)

How ever, for YVES, there is also a QueueHandlerPlugin (\Spryker\Yves\Log\Plugin\Handler\QueueHandlerPlugin) which can be wired up in <ProjectNamespace>\Yves\Log\LogDependencyProvider::getLogHandlers

But, YVES does not have a connection to RabbitMq by default. Neither in B2B/B2C-Demo-Shop, nor in the Shop-Suite. This is due to missing broker connection details.

So, how is this supposed to work if there is an QueueHandlerPlugin for Yves without any broker connections?

Best regards

David

Answers

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey @DavidGreiner ,

it seems that our docker-sdk does not set the needed value for the environment variable SPRYKER_BROKER_CONNECTIONS for Yves - I dont even know how the cloud would handle this. I just asked the team and will report back once I know more.

All the best,

Florian

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey,

So, how is this supposed to work if there is an QueueHandlerPlugin for Yves without any broker connections?

For me it seems like sth Spryker prepared in the pre-docker and pre-cloud times. Currently there is no connection possible to RabbitMQ from Yves. This is valid for docker-sdk and Spryker Cloud.

Sorry, its likely not the answer you would hoped for. If you have a specific business need please create an official support ticket. Maybe also link the thread here :)

All the best,

Florian

• DavidGreiner
    DavidGreiner Spryker Backend-Developer Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 10 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hey Florian! Thanks for your responses!

Yes, thats actually the problem.

We already gone another way by configuring the logstash container to read the entries Spryker writes into application.log
    This does what we wanted to achieve.
    But maybe someone should clean up the QueueHandler stuff in the core.

• fsmeier

I dont know exactly what you are trying, but maybe its also worth looking into https://docs.spryker.com/docs/dg/dev/backend-development/audit-logs/audit-logs.html

This discussion has been closed.