Extend Gui Tables with filter options

ingo.kaiser
ingo.kaiser Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 11 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello,

we need to implement a general filter feature for at least some of the spryker zed gui tables like orders, product catalog, discounts etc.

This would include something like dropdown boxes and combined filters for helping backoffice users to find for example orders in a certain state.

As far as i can see, any of the "<module>-gui" modules do have more or less its own implementation and it seems very difficult to hook into the behaviour like filtering etc.

But i also saw this guide

https://docs.spryker.com/docs/pbc/all/merchant-management/202404.0/marketplace/tutorials-and-howtos/extend-gui-tables.html#prerequisites

which shows adding a filter via a filter transfer but also seems to be a market place feature(?). However, everything in the guide ultimately depends on the GuiTableApplicationPlugin which is not activated in our project and i am confused for what this is used for.

Can somebody explain if and how we can use this for backend gui tables? If not, what are alternatives? I am afraid rebuilding almost every GUI data table to make it filterable.

Answers

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Heyhey @ingo.kaiser ,

you are right, this better handling and separation of logic for Gui-Tables was introduced for marketplace.

I just tried to play a bit around but in order to use the new better tables like in the merchant portal you would need to adapt Back Office pages similar to the Merchant Portal to render the content with web-components.

So by adapting sth like this (without anything marketplace) in the Back Office: https://github.com/spryker/sales-merchant-portal-gui/blob/master/src/Spryker/Zed/SalesMerchantPortalGui/Presentation/Orders/index.twig

Sounds for me like a cool topic for a hackathon 😅

But back to your challenge:

I think if you want to offer the same filter option to most current Back Office Gui Tables there is no other way than overriding all of them :(

@profuel , any other idea?

All the best,

Florian

• ingo.kaiser
    ingo.kaiser Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 11 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited September 2

Hi Florian,

thanks for your response and confirmation of my assumptions^^

after digging a bit deeper, i also come to the result that there seem to be no other way at the moment. Lets see how we can deal with it.

Best regards