What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I'm not able to get Tideways up and running in our project. I followed these instructions:

U018XELUZS9
U018XELUZS9 Posts: 167 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I'm not able to get Tideways up and running in our project. I followed these instructions: https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/configuring-services#tideways

Looks like this in my setup:

$ tail -32 deploy.development.yml | head -15
  kibana:
    engine: kibana
    endpoints:
      dashboard.suite.local:

tideways:
    apikey: ****************
    environment-name: development
    cli-enabled: true

docker:
  ssl:
    enabled: false
    redirect: true

Am I doing something wrong? How can I verify that this works?

Comments

• Bruno Zamorano
    Bruno Zamorano Sprykee Posts: 36 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited May 2021

Hi Alfred, in the deploy.*.yml have you also this configuration?

image:
        tag: spryker/("local-debian-php:+7.4")
        php:
            enabled-extensions:
                - tideways

and over the services:

services:
      tideways:
          engine: tideways
          cli-enabled: true
          apikey: **********

• U018XELUZS9

Thanks, I just added that and I see now, that I have a new tideways container. Is this documented somewhere?

Do you now where I can find the tideways cli tool? It's not available in the cli container

$ docker/sdk cli 'echo $TIDEWAYS_CLI_ENABLED; which tideways'
    -->  DEVELOPMENT MODE
    true

• U018XELUZS9

I also checked all other containers and didn't find that

• Bruno Zamorano

is this project in your local or over our PaaS? if is over our PaaS we should terraform the configuration from the repository, then deploy a normal pipeline to run all the features.
    If is the last option, please create a case on support.spryker.com πŸ™‚

• U018XELUZS9

It's not a PaaS project, we run that with roo360 on AWS and tideways is working there. It just does not work locally and I wasn't able to find more documentation for that.

• Bruno Zamorano
    edited May 2021

Sorry Alfred, I don't have an immediate answer to your question and i only know this configuration over PaaS so far. To find a solution, we will need to wait a bit more πŸ™‚.

If you prefer, you can always rise a support ticket asking your queries at the same link shared.

• U018XELUZS9

I figured it out in the meantime, I'll send a PR with a fix if I find some time.

• Bruno Zamorano

it would be great if you could share that pr in this thread so I can prioritize it with the corresponding team.

• U018XELUZS9

I needed to add this ini setting to make it work:

tideways.connection="<tcp://tideways:9135>"

And cli-enabled just relates to https://support.tideways.com/documentation/setup/configuration/instrumenting-cli-scripts.html#enabling-the-profiler-on-the-cli and not to the tideways CLI tool.

• Bruno Zamorano

Morning Alfred, just to let you know that we will work on our documentation to produce a flawless documentation about this integration and others πŸ™‚
    thanks and have a great week.