What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi there, I'm tryinf to follow this instruction:

U01LR5HQV37
U01LR5HQV37 Posts: 10 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi there, I'm tryinf to follow this instruction: https://documentation.spryker.com/docs/installing-in-development-mode
1. Step 8 is really confusing (see screenshot), so windows or Ubuntu?
2. After I run docker/sdk up I got error:

Creating spryker_b2c_dev_cli_ssh_relay_1 ... done
chmod: changing permissions of '/data/config/Zed/dev_only_private.key': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of '/data/config/Zed/dev_only_public.key': Operation not permitted
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies (including require-dev) from lock file
Package operations: 846 installs, 0 updates, 0 removals

[RuntimeException]
  /data/vendor does not exist and could not be created.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

If you are installing Spryker in Windows using WSL2, you need to change the code stored in Ubuntu. Either from CLI using any text editor or from PHPStorm\VSCode using remote folder from Ubuntu.

• Valerii Trots

What prerequisites have you run? For WSL1 or for WSL2?

Is it Windows at all or Linux\MacOS?

• U01LR5HQV37

@valerii.trots it is Ubuntu 18. No Windows. Step 8 is still confusing but as far as it is not my case I gladly leave it alone.
    I set up docker and docker-compose, run docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml , added to /etc/hosts then docker/sdk up.

• Valerii Trots

@ULYHPR789 any ideas?

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Permissions. If your user is not 1000 id you need to give full permissions on project folder.

As a workaround just create 2 empty folders on the host:

./vendor
    ./src/Generated

• Valerii Trots

The error looks like already known and discussed but the search in slack doesn't work well today.

• U01LR5HQV37

The user is root, I've created the directories but it didn't help.

Also, I found the issue happens only when I run docker/sdk bootstrap deploy.dev.yml (then docker/sdk up, of course) and it doers not happen when I run docker/sdk bootstrap without deploy.dev.yml, like in "demo" mode instead of "development".

• sprymiker

Yes, because project files are mounted in dev mode.

I would not recommend to run it from root. Is it possible to run it from non-zero-id user?

• U01LR5HQV37

Rather no because I configure it to be run via CI/CD pipeline. What should I modify to be able to set it up as root?

• sprymiker

We recommend to use demo mode for CI.

Why would you need dev mode for CI?

• U01LR5HQV37

Sorry, didn't notice your answer earlier. I am not a developer but DevOps so I try to learn how to deploy Spryker using CI/CD. We're going to have multi-stage environment, so dev/test stage will be involved as well.

• sprymiker

As a summary:

For CI/CD use deploy.yml with baked mount mode.

docker:
       mount:
          baked: