What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Docker on mac stills seems like kind of a so-so operation, sometimes files don't sync and I lose hou

U01JBB8LNTE
U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Docker on mac stills seems like kind of a so-so operation, sometimes files don't sync and I lose hours to debugging issues with little to no feedback from the docker setup. Am I the only one experiencing this... ?

I heard a few people mentioned adding the delegated flag at some point: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43844639/how-do-i-add-cached-or-delegated-into-a-docker-compose-yml-volumes-list

Comments

• Stanislav Matveyev
    Stanislav Matveyev Sprykee Posts: 211 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

As I see only Mac and Windows users have file sync issues. I use Linux and don't have any problems.
    I also use Mac but there I'm still using Vagrant devvm, it's slower (composer dump -o resolves this issue partially), but much more stable.

As a recommendation for docker users on Mac: if you are going to do some operation with big amount of files (git checkout branch, transfer:generate, prope:install, ...) STOP docker/sdk, do the file operations then START docker/sdk.

With small number of changed files Mutagen works stable.

• s.kroll
    s.kroll Posts: 118 πŸͺ - Explorer
    edited February 2021

Also having the mac-docker-sync problems now and then, but mostly its working. I sometimes open a tail on the .docker-sync/daemon.log to see if its working. πŸ˜„ Some colleagues started using the mutagen setup and seem to have less problems since then. Be sure to install the lastest mutagen beta when trying this.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

On Mac better switch to mutagen. It works fast and without issue..

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited February 2021

@U01JBB8LNTE You should monitor mutagen status somewhere in separate terminal to be sure everything is synced. After checkout or big file operations it can take a while.

Just run

docker/sdk sync logs

and it will show the current status for you to be aware

• U01JBB8LNTE
    U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Yeh, been doing that (logging).

the problems don't really surface only on sync but also on build, I've found a few checkboxes that seem to help a lot, namespaces def helps a bunch (that should be in the docs somewhere)

And occasionally I just need to hard reset