What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey everyone, my new MacBook is the M1 with ARM64. Did anybody get the Demoshop running with that eq

U01C781HJ93
U01C781HJ93 Posts: 5 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hey everyone,
my new MacBook is the M1 with ARM64. Did anybody get the Demoshop running with that equipment?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
    edited January 2021

Officially we don't recommend to use M1-based laptops, but you can use preview-version of Docker Desktop as it reportedly works there.

https://doesitarm.com/

• U01C781HJ93

That was my first attempt, but even then the bootstrap warns me about different image platforms. The docker/sdk up fails afterwards

• Valerii Trots

Ah, sure, this means that we need to create base images for different architecture.
    Then no, Spryker won't work on M1-based macbooks yet.

• U01C781HJ93

ok thanks for the help

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

maybe an ETA about different images for different arch?
    Or do u think that it is something medium/long time for adapting it?

• Valerii Trots

I've asked already if it's planned. So far no feedback. Will forward the feedback here.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

ok, thank

• Valerii Trots

It's planned. Are the plans short- or long-term - no feedback so far, sorry.

• U01PLF672MT
    U01PLF672MT Posts: 2 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited March 2021

Are there any updates yet?

I have already a Full PHP Enviorment with PHP, MYSQL, Redis,.. running in Docker on my M1.
    So I think Spryker should be also ready to go. Sadly because i am a Newbie in Spryker i do not quite unterstand the quite complex docker file generation, so i can’t simply tweak the Files to get it running.

I created also an issue on GitHub, I am happy to help, if i can, to get it running on M1 πŸ™‚
    https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/issues/192

• Valerii Trots
  • U01PLF672MT
    U01PLF672MT Posts: 2 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited March 2021

I did some more digging and nearly got it running.
    I updated the GitHub Issue with everything i know now.
    https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/issues/192#issuecomment-791268744