What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Heya has anyBody on macOSX been having issues with the docker container and memory? Maybe I just ne

U01JBB8LNTE
U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Heya has anyBody on macOSX been having issues with the docker container and memory?

Maybe I just need to make sure to shut everything down if not in use...

I've had this problem before with MacOSX/docker, it makes this beeping noise and the screen flashes...

Comments

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

OSX itself is a memory hog, I'd rather use docker on linux so that's the first problem, then, some services (like elasticsearch) like to take some memory even without using them (see jmv.options).
    If you don't have a mac with 32GB ram, you will most likely encounter issues with running whole spryker

• U01JBB8LNTE
    U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Yeh fair enough... I've been thinking about switch back to my linux. It does only seem to happen when I have something else edging the memory gap, i.e. zoom screenshare or something, I'll set things up on my linux as dev insurance. Thanks ๐Ÿ™

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

For the memory, make sure to allocate enough for the docker-desktop app, it is under preferences. I have sometimes several projects running at the same time, 8Gb allocated there is enough so far. From time to time, when you feel things are getting slower - it worth restarting docker.

• Andriy Netseplyayev

It can also happen that overtime you would collect many unused images. In such cases docker/sdk prune is a healthy thing to do, once in a while

• Andriy Netseplyayev

what also helps to reduce โ€œextra-noiseโ€ on your local dev - is to turn off scheduler on your local env. Jenkins can consume quite some resources. Try docker/sdk console scheduler:suspend
    But donโ€™t forget to run it on when you need to import/change products since the whole publish and sync will not be working