What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

It seems I found the source of the issue. On this page:

U01D3N9FPT2
U01D3N9FPT2 Posts: 14 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited October 2020 in Docker

It seems I found the source of the issue. On this page: https://documentation.spryker.com/v4/docs/docker-installation-prerequisites-linux#required-software-and-configuration it says I need to enable BuildKit for the docker daemon, so I did that intially. Now I removed this configuration an everything is working fine. docker/sdk start & stop is fully operational. FYI @ULYHPR789

Comments

• U01D3N9FPT2

hmm I have restored that docker daemon config now and still working, so I am not sure what was the issue... I will report back if happens again, but solved for now.

• U01D3N9FPT2

note: the only other thing which I did is a docker rm --force for the containers which refuse stop even I did the docker/sdk stop - so maybe I had some very weird containers

• sprymiker
    sprymiker Sprykee Posts: 781 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Thank you for your efforts in fighting the issue.

I assume it is docker-specific problem. We have not seen anything before on our linux-based systems. It can be related to Arch core or specific docker version. And also can be a glitch.

• sprymiker

Disabling BuildKit on config level may not work as docker/sdk passes particular env variable to enable it.

• sprymiker

Please, notify us if it still persists.

• U01D3N9FPT2

will do, thanks :y:

• U01D3N9FPT2

as part of xdebug setup I did a stop and a start -x and left the environment running for about half an hour, now when I did a stop again the issue come up, not all containers are stopping and therefore start fails again with the unhealthy db issue (so same things which I posted earlier) - force removing these stuck containers can unblock me again πŸ˜•

• sprymiker

It is not in the scope of the docker/sdk. It is something in docker / docker-compose.

• sprymiker

Do you have enough resources: RAM / CPU ?

• U01D3N9FPT2

yep I have 6 CPU cores (12 threads) + 32GB RAM

• U01D3N9FPT2
    tkotosz ~
    $ docker -v
    Docker version 19.03.12-ce, build 48a66213fe
    tkotosz ~
    $ docker-compose -v
    docker-compose version 1.27.2, build unknown