What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello All, I have downloaded b2b demo shop in my on premise Ubuntu laptop, I am able to access in my

U0457KU1ACD
U0457KU1ACD Posts: 8 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello All, I have downloaded b2b demo shop in my on premise Ubuntu laptop, I am able to access in my local system only. If I install the same on AWS EC2 instance, how can I access using the IP address of my EC2 instance and give the same to other's too so that they can access and play on it. Please let me know what are the best options, a quick help is needed, thank you in advance

Comments

• Thomas Lehner
    Thomas Lehner Support Engineer @ Spryker Posts: 289 πŸ› - Council (mod)
    edited October 2022

You cannot. At least not easily. You need to set up DNS properly on AWS and point a domain that corresponds to your applications configured endpoints to the load balancers DNS name

• Thomas Lehner

Please note that if all you want is demoing then the demo shops are there and work with standard credentials

• U0457KU1ACD

Thank you for the information, I wanted to install in EC2 instance and give access to other's too, so that they can learn the spryker, please let me know which is the best approach or right document to follow and achieve my goal

• Thomas Lehner

Best approach is to use demo shops and go through spryker academy. We have AWS documentation but this requires some AWS knowledge to set up DNS

• Thomas Lehner

If you don't have that in house it might not be feasible

• U0457KU1ACD

Perfect, so we have the video or setup in the Spryker academy content, If we have can you please help me on which part of the course we have that video or setup

• U0457KU1ACD
    edited October 2022

Even I want to make sure that we can access just lik the links that you have shared, from the installed b2b demo on my AWS account

• Thomas Lehner

Not quite sure what you want to accomplish but we will not be able to help you set up your own AWS environment. As you might know Sprkyer is selling PaaS

• U0457KU1ACD
    edited October 2022

I am sorry, If I have confused you, I want to install b2b demo on my EC2 instance on AWS and I want to give access to my friends who can learn about the spryker, I am able to install but unable to access using the IP of my EC2 instance, this is my only goal

• Thomas Lehner

My recommendation is to go through the courses and use local development environment and demo shops and once you have a project on PaaS the infrastructure part will be done for you. If you must have your own infrastructure setup, it's something that you will need to setup on your own.

• Thomas Lehner

If you don't know how to do the aws DNS setup I am not sure its appropriate to run this set up

• U0457KU1ACD

Thank you thomas, really appreciate your help in this πŸ™‚

• Thomas Lehner

There might be someone here in the community willing to help you with DNS setup, but AWS hosting is a lot more than this so I would recommend reconsidering towards something more lightweight that suits your needs

• U0457KU1ACD

Sure, I make a note of it.....

• U0457KU1ACD

Can I know, who can help me on AWS DNS.....