What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone ✌ hope you all had a nice transition into 2022 πŸ™‚ I have an issu

UP4C7GASJ
UP4C7GASJ Posts: 19 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi everyone ✌
hope you all had a nice transition into 2022 πŸ™‚

I have an issue in regards to the most recent Spryker release "202108". While upgrading from an older version we now encounter some issues in relation to event triggering and publishing, especially for plugins which return no data and should be triggered without any ID.
Once the "event-behavior" module is updated to the latest version, modules like "category-storage" and "product-label-storage" loss parts of their functionality. In the most recent version of "event-behavior" triggering an event for no ID will not fallback to an empty trigger, if the TriggerPlugin does not return a collection of data. There are at least two types of publishing events that are not directly related to entities and return an empty collection, e.g.Β Category-Storage. Due to changes in theΒ EventResourceQueryContainerManagerΒ (TE-3614) the PublisherPlugin will not be triggered anymore:

Comments

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited January 2022

Hi @UP4C7GASJ
    Thanks for reporting this, we will have a look into this issue and will provide you the answer/fix soon as soon as it registered in our support panel.

• U01AC5J3LAW
    U01AC5J3LAW Posts: 1 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

we are also affected by this

• UP4C7GASJ
    edited January 2022

@U01AC5J3LAW unfortunately every shop on the latest version will be affected. Did you resolve this already on project level?

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited January 2022

Hey @UP4C7GASJ,
    Could you please register this issue here support.spryker.com? then we have internal process to pick this automatically up and start the investigation for it. thank you!

• UP4C7GASJ

@UK9N7MP96 who is the client I should assign this to? Spryker in general? πŸ˜„

• Ehsan Zanjani
    edited January 2022

If you think it’s a general product issue, then yes

• UP4C7GASJ

Will it be resolved as one then? Raising it here and also having others recognising the issue should bring some attention or not?

• UP4C7GASJ

I just ask as other "issues" I so far reported took 3-6 months before being looked at πŸ˜‰

• Thomas Lehner
    Thomas Lehner Support Engineer @ Spryker Posts: 289 πŸ› - Council (mod)
    edited January 2022

@UP4C7GASJ i can assure you that it does not take 3-6 months until issues are getting "looked at" by my team. Bugs we can reproduce will need to get solved properly and that can take time. If an issue is severe and multiple customers are affected by it it can be prioritised appropriately. Please reference the customer project this issue relates to in your case

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I think that for problems of this kind you shouldn't stand there asking to open a ticket or anything else. As @UP4C7GASJ says, it is a generic problem and Spryker should open a generic ticket for itself and inform customers promptly when the problem has been solved.

If @UP4C7GASJ intends to open a ticket for his internal control, that's fine, but to make the solution of the problem depend only on the fact that there is a ticket or not created by the customer is not a fast way to solve the problem.

• Thomas Lehner

@UL65CH0MC we ask our partners and customers to open tickets so we do not risk things getting missed in translation. Especially its meaning for a concrete project and the justification for the business impact that needs to be provided

• Thomas Lehner

It is perfectly fine to bring up issues and discuss them here, but we need to receive a proper ticket from you to be able to process it

• UP4C7GASJ

Hi @tom.lehner, the past showed that just tickets which were ranked or related by certain customers had priority. I speak from experience when I say it takes 3-6 months to be looked at, as another issue I reported in September (associated to a client) was moved to "in review" (or whatever the first state after open is) after roughly 3 months.

• Thomas Lehner

If you do want to discuss individual cases and have issues with them, please PM me referencing them. I can see how many cases you opened and what their history is

• UP4C7GASJ

My question here is simply: who should I reference as a client to this matter for fastest resolution? The business impact is highly critical as we need to resolve this manually. This is not a specific bug in general it can be reproduced on a clean B2X environment.

• Thomas Lehner

The customer which you are currently working for. If multiple, the one you are most closely involved with personally

• UP4C7GASJ

If you need me to post the above message as a ticket, I can do it. I am not working with clients directly, i get this issue reported

• Thomas Lehner

customer reference is far less important than a sound business impact justification

• UP4C7GASJ

"business impact justification" => it does not work anymore and used to work before, sound enough? πŸ˜„

• Thomas Lehner

Think of it this way: What would you want the person prioritising a lot of issues daily to know so that the urgency of your request is clear, even though that person might not work on your project and might not have any other context.

• Thomas Lehner

or, from a business user perspective: what does this bug prevent in terms of revenue, customer UX, etc.

• UP4C7GASJ

Alright - I think I need to funnel this through other channels as reporting a bug now needs a partner login πŸ™Œ