What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi guys, so, a very short general question of Spryker datamodelling decision: Why is it that product

U010DNAA3QW
U010DNAA3QW Posts: 55 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Hi guys, so, a very short general question of Spryker datamodelling decision: Why is it that product relations and other stuff (e.g. product labels) by default are defined on abstract product level only in Spryker, and not on concrete level? From a real-world point of view it makes much more sense to connect concrete products with each other (think for example about different sizes of different items are related to each other, but only very specific sizes)

Comments

• Should this be in ?

• U010DNAA3QW

its not asking for help, so I thought here would be the correct place... ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ˜„ I can repost it in if you think it would get a proper answer there

• All right, all good then ๐Ÿ™‚

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Usually it is based on real life modeling, usually you would care (as a customer) that this cable and this camera are related, but the megapixels of the camera and the length of the cable are irrelevant in this case.

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Product labels are there to be shown also on search results mainly, which show product abstracts and not product concretes

• U010DNAA3QW

@ULL9CA6CB mhmm I thought about for example a relation between bolts and nuts... Both available in the variant sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9... etc., and exactly size 5 of the bolt is related to size 5 of the nut, and doing this kind of stuff is not possible in Spryker out of the box because Spryker just thinks about abstract products, which (in my real world ๐Ÿ˜„ ) is not a real-world way of seeing this ๐Ÿ˜•

• U010DNAA3QW

so what you basically say is that the bolt in size 5 and in size 9 are different abstract products from your point of view, is that correct?

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 โœจ - Novice

Seems like this is the case for OBI, Toom, Hornbach, etc.