What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi guys I’ve a short question, maybe anyone here is willing to help. My question is related to multi

USZ9LJ26S
USZ9LJ26S Posts: 18 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi guys I’ve a short question, maybe anyone here is willing to help. My question is related to multistore setup where the database schema differs for each one. Normally Spryker offers the way for programming store specific things by overriding Zed module specific for Store. Lets say I’ve a module Customer in Zed and want to extend the db schema for specific store XY. So creating a module CustomerXY and changing there the schema should work. But it behaves different and propel:diff add the column to all DBs. Any experience with something similar?

Comments

• UPFHFFA69
    UPFHFFA69 Posts: 10 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

What happens when you run the command with the APPLICATION_STORE param? it behaves the same? Also I think you can set up different databases for different stores but the downfall is that you will need to sync them all up when working with common data

• Tamas Nyulas
    Tamas Nyulas Application Architect Posts: 20 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Technically it’s probably possible to have different database schema for different stores, but it’s not recommended as it complicates the system too much and could drive to unexpected behaviour.

• USZ9LJ26S

Yes I always use APPLICATION_STORE=XY before my command: so APPLICATION_STORE=XY docker/sdk propel:schema:copy

• USZ9LJ26S
    edited July 2020

I know it’s not recommended. But currently I’m working on writing a migration workflow for a multistore project and I’ve the issue that migration scripts won’t be properly generated.

• USZ9LJ26S

And the UseCase is theoretically officially supported by Spryker. So if it doesn’t work as expected I’d say it’s a bug to fix.

• USZ9LJ26S

So anyone able to confirm that it’s a bug von the propel:schema:copy command, and if any issue was opened?

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Feel free to open support ticket at http://support.spryker.com/.