What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all, I wanted to ask why in docker/sdk the jenkins version is fixed at 2.176? And whether it is p

UP8T3GKFH
UP8T3GKFH Posts: 56 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi all, I wanted to ask why in docker/sdk the jenkins version is fixed at 2.176? And whether it is planned to be able to use the other images available at https://hub.docker.com/r/spryker/jenkins (e.g. 2.324)? I don't know much about Jenkins, but version 2.324 seemed to me to be a lot more resource-efficient and faster than 2.176. And so I wondered what might be wrong with it?

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

I'm not 100% sure but it seems that you can manage the version in the deploy file - https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/blob/master/docs/07-deploy-file/02-deploy.file.reference.v1.md#services.

• UP8T3GKFH

I have tried this, but unfortunately it does not work because the preparations for it are missing, see https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/tree/master/generator/src/templates/service/jenkins
    and the error message:

Running generator
    PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Twig\Error\LoaderError: Template "service/jenkins/2.324/jenkins.yml.twig" is not defined in "docker-compose.yml.twig" at line 146. in /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/ChainLoader.php:98
    Stack trace:
    #0 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(299): Twig\Loader\ChainLoader->getCacheKey('service/jenkins...')
    #1 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(381): Twig\Environment->getTemplateClass('service/jenkins...')
    #2 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Template.php(333): Twig\Environment->loadTemplate('service/jenkins...', NULL)
    #3 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Environment.php(418) : eval()'d code(367): Twig\Template->loadTemplate('service/jenkins...', 'docker-compose....', 146)
    #4 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Template.php(405): __TwigTemplate_30fee6f8fd5486ce20bc7cfc953923388933f9d01d076cf83ae5669b9dfa375f->doDisplay(Array, Array)
    #5 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Template.php(378): Twig\Template->displayWithErrorHandling(Array, Array)
    #6 /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Template.php(390): Twig\Template->display(Array)
    # in /data/vendor/twig/twig/src/Loader/ChainLoader.php on line 98

• Valerii Trots

Yep, looks like it wasn't implemented yet.
    So either you can fork and implement your own version here https://github.com/spryker/docker-sdk/tree/master/generator/src/templates/service/jenkins or wait until it's implemented from respective team's side. But I believe there are higher prio topics in their backlog atm.

• Valerii Trots

BTW, Jenkins version in our PaaS has nothing to do with spryker/docker-sdk and is controlled separately from infra side.

• UP8T3GKFH

Thank you for pointing this out. Of course, it would be nice to have an "almost" identical system locally to be able to reproduce any errors.

• U018XELUZS9
    U018XELUZS9 Posts: 167 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

We solved that a few days ago in our project by creating a new template in generator/src/templates/service/jenkins/<THE-VERSION>/jenkins.yml.twig and providing a docker image in our gitlab container registry that we use in that template, looks like this in the twig file:

image: <gitlab-domain>:<container-registry-port>/groupname/spryker-docker-jenkins/jenkins:master

• UP8T3GKFH

Thanks for your input.

• Valerii Trots
  • UP8T3GKFH

Fantastic. Thank you!