What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi guys, so I am looking at User module. and I found that users can be `deleted` or `blocked` , bu

UM9F81RCP
UM9F81RCP Posts: 516 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi guys,

so I am looking at User module. and I found that users can be deleted or blocked , but I am not sure what is the difference? aren’t these essentially the same?

Comments

• UM9F81RCP
    UM9F81RCP Posts: 516 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

When a user tries to login, the controller will be trying to find out if the user is active:

$this->userFacade->hasActiveUserByUsername($username);

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I think that blocking is a soft-delete, so you can reenable the customer later on again, just in case you need to.
    Deleting - as a counterpart - means hard-delete, not restorable.
    From a user's point of view they're both the same. A user account must be present and active, otherwise you can't log in.
    I haven't checked in detail, but it should pretty much work that way.