What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Heya is there a way to run debug while you are doing docker up? `docker/sdk up --data -x` ? proly

U01JBB8LNTE
U01JBB8LNTE Posts: 207 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Heya is there a way to run debug while you are doing docker up? docker/sdk up --data -x ? proly not huh?

Comments

• Thomas Lehner
    Thomas Lehner Support Engineer @ Spryker Posts: 289 ๐Ÿ› - Council (mod)

you mean making the start-up process log verbosely? or start docker in debug mode?

• U01JBB8LNTE

I have a breakpoint in the code and I want it to change the data, run the container with the new data and hit the breakpoint, but maybe Iโ€™m conflating two operations.

• U01JBB8LNTE

Yeh I think I wasโ€ฆ Iโ€™ll just have to re-import then jump in then debug

• UQ958DA4U
    UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

If you're talking about debugging the import process, the easiest way to do it is to turn the scheduler OFF and run the queue worker manually. This will ensure that you'll hit the breakpoint.

• during docker up this is probably unlikely

• and i am with @UQ958DA4U on this โ˜

• in what part of the code is you breakpoint?

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
    edited July 2021

@U01JBB8LNTE when you run docker/sdk up the system โ€œhitsโ€ the project code while going through the project installation pipeline defined in config/install/(docker?).yml file.

You can execute any section of it on the already running container by running f.e.
    docker/sdk cli -x vendor/bin/install -r config/install/docker.yml -s demodata -vvv

..and do your debugging.
    โ€œ-sโ€ stays for the section name: