What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

What in Spryker ways is the difference between the Query Container and the Repository? Seems to me t

UM4BZSK7T
UM4BZSK7T Posts: 174 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

What in Spryker ways is the difference between the Query Container and the Repository? Seems to me the Query Container is an older version of the repository?

Comments

• it has other downsides

• it returns unterminated Propel queries by definition and thus potetially leaks the persistence into the business layer

• there should be no trace of the persistence framework outside of the persistence layer

• unless following a reflected decision for a tradeoffs (e.g. in data importers)

• does that already help 😊

• UM4BZSK7T

Well yes and no. I would really hoper there would be a LOT more documentation about this.

• UM4BZSK7T
  • the description text kinda gives the keypoints, imho

• what more would you like to see there?

• UM4BZSK7T

And well I am looking at your code for 2 months now and I don't feel your modules follow those patterns. Every module is in some transitional state and you really have to dig in and find good examples how to do things the spryker way.

• UM4BZSK7T

What i really would like is an example like your example Blog module that is not half done and abandoned for 2 years now.

• that is a fair point. and a very welcome suggestion. i will schedule this internally asap!

• UM4BZSK7T

I post frequently issues about your docs. Would be great to have no 404s for example. And not those lines to me only cover a vague perspective on how to do things. I spend so much time digging through all those Transfer objects (which are not (S)ingle purpose) that are changed to transferEntities to some propel entity. That was nothing of a good experience.

• UM4BZSK7T

And I only added 2 VARCHARS and 2 Relation Tables to ZED.

• UM4BZSK7T

Took me in the end two weeks to learn how. And it is not 1.200 lines of code.

• UM4BZSK7T

So many things... I guess we can talk about that when we come around for the Training probably December.

• UM4BZSK7T

Still thakns for the answer helped a bit πŸ™‚

• looking forward to the training then 😊