What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello community, Does any of you know how to disable the `Fail Whale` and show the error instead ?

USDAKA3PD
USDAKA3PD Posts: 34 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello community,

Does any of you know how to disable the Fail Whale and show the error instead ?

Comments

• hi! several options

• USDAKA3PD

please provide one

• i assume you want to get rid of it for good in your dev environment

• USDAKA3PD

yes please

• in config/Shared/config_default-docker.dev.php you see

$config[ErrorHandlerConstants::ERROR_RENDERER] = getenv('SPRYKER_DEBUG_ENABLED') ? WebExceptionErrorRenderer::class : WebHtmlErrorRenderer::class;

• you can override it there or in you config_local.php to be

• $config[ErrorHandlerConstants::ERROR_RENDERER] = WebExceptionErrorRenderer::class;

• that is the hardcoded way

• if you run your whole environment with -x it should do the same, but has the debugger permanently running, which slows things down

• USDAKA3PD

thank you

• let us know if it worked as advertised! πŸ™‚ πŸ‘

• USDAKA3PD

I have added in config_local the following line:

and now I can see the errors

• perfect! πŸ‘

• keep in mind: this file is by default ignored by git, so you will not automatically push you changes, in case you intended to share this within your team

• USDAKA3PD

thank you for the reminder