What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello. I would suggest to extend Spryker Bootcamp with a very relevant topic: Publish & Synchron

UQS4LDZU7
UQS4LDZU7 Posts: 182 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited April 2020 in Slack General

Hello. I would suggest to extend Spryker Bootcamp with a very relevant topic: Publish & Synchronise (video, challenge, quiz)

Β«1

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice
  • this is part of an additional (paid) workshop. there is a multitude of topics beyond the bootcamp

• UQ958DA4U
    UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Yes, this is a very good idea. One pain point when someone is new in Spryker is that it's hard to understand the high asynchronicity in Spryker and why the Queue is as important as it is.

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I would definitely recommended taking additional workshop and Marco already mentioned.

• UQS4LDZU7
    edited April 2020

@UJN2JRU4F I understand your point, but still, this is, imho, the core part of spryker architecture and workflow. Hence it really belongs into the Bootcamp. But, anyway, just my opinion.

• UQ958DA4U

I do agree very heavily with you, @UQS4LDZU7! Not understanding this leads to a huge array of problems (especially when it's time to deploy and scalability).

• UQ958DA4U

I guess both Alexey and I are not vouching to replace your existing workshop, but at least some lesson to make you aware how core this understanding really is and maybe some small example.

• UQS4LDZU7

@UQ958DA4U Exactly.

• UKHD8KTMF
    edited April 2020
  • UKHD8KTMF

there is a whole section about P&S with code examples

• UQS4LDZU7

Sure I did. But it's still a bit different topic. Topics covered by Bootcamp are also present in the documentation.

• UQ958DA4U

This is no real substitute. Especially not if you don't mention it at all in your Bootcamp. I personally also feel that the docs are missing rationale for WHY Spryker is doing it that way and what kind of implications this has for state mutations across the system.

• UQ958DA4U

It becomes blatantly apparent after you've run into an issue this system solves (aka when it's too late) or if you're used to other Enterprisy solutions similar to this.

• UQ958DA4U

That said: I actually like this system a lot and it solves a lot of real world problems very elegantly.

• UQS4LDZU7

@UQ958DA4U And, I also add to what you said: I have delt a lot with P&S so far and my conclusion (aposteriori) is - "If you got the P&S, you got the way Spryker works"

• UQ958DA4U

Yes, this is true in so many ways. It's also a lot of what makes the Spryker design really awesome and convenient to scale.

• well, i have a suggestion πŸ™‚

• any of you (or both) interested in giving a talk about p&s on the next digital spryker meetup?

• UQ958DA4U

When would that be? I'd love to!

• i have schedule (not advertised) one for next Wed

• but i plan to do this every other week

• UQ958DA4U

Hmm I guess that's a bit too early πŸ˜• Too much on my plate

• so, if that is too short notice, then we can do it the next one

• or the one after next. totally your call πŸ™‚

• UQS4LDZU7

@UJN2JRU4F. Its a deal. Not sure about next one, but yes.

• UQ958DA4U

But how will newcomers who don't attend find it then πŸ™‚?

• i am aiming for youtube

• ned to check with legal though

• UQ958DA4U

@UQS4LDZU7 Maybe we can be working on something together?

• UQS4LDZU7

@UQ958DA4U Good Idea. Let's try!