What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everyone , great to see, how quickly so many people joined and cool to see that the first

UH26JJTJ8
UH26JJTJ8 Posts: 9 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi everyone <!here>,

great to see, how quickly so many people joined and cool to see that the first discussions where kicked off. We have this Spryker Community Slack since last week and we plan to officially add the invite URL to the navigation menu of our help center and invite some more people next week.

Before we do that, quick feedback round for you: This Slack space is for the community first and you decide, how you want to use it. Is there anything from your point of view, which we should add or change, before we invite more people?

Looking forward to getting your feedback.

Comments

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Community will shape this anyway, no need to add anything until there's discussion

• UK5DS29L2

maybe add technical-support and general-support channels

• UK5DS29L2

but otherwise what we have should be good for now

• UK5DS29L2

is more of an announcement, which should not be a channel, but maybe part of code of conduct

• UH26JJTJ8

Could be one idea, yeah. How would we keep this separated from our official support help center though, if people need help from Spryker itself? I'd be concerned, that new people could be confused about this.

How would you avoid that potential confusion, @UK5DS29L2?

• UK5DS29L2

If the community is not able to provide the support, we know how to point people at your official support πŸ˜›

• UK5DS29L2

if there's a list of things only YOU want to handle, it might be a good idea to state it clearly, otherwise you shouldn't worry about community

• UK5DS29L2

you can always have someone from the core team around slack to act if necessary

• UK5EAKPC3
    UK5EAKPC3 Posts: 1 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Do it! I would only create new channels if they become to cluttered. I see no need for more channels at this point!

• UH26JJTJ8

If the community is not able to provide the support, we know how to point people at your official support πŸ˜›

I can see that. πŸ˜„

if there's a list of things only YOU want to handle, it might be a good idea to state it clearly, otherwise you shouldn't worry about community

Obvious topics like bug reports, security vulnerabilities, etc. sure.

you can always have someone from the core team around slack to act if necessary

That would actually be something I don't wanna rely on, because that's immediately reminding me of our internal Slack space, where we have some channels with external parties, several dozen people from both parties in them and often no one reacting – which can (and did) generate a certain level of frustration. πŸ€”

• UH26JJTJ8

What about having #support-community and #support-official (with that announcement)?

Or, as suggested, make part of the and only add #community-support, @UK5DS29L2 & @UK5EAKPC3? πŸ€”

• UK5DS29L2

how do I know I need official support?

• UK5DS29L2

if you add channel that's official and community you'll definitely going to be spammed by all requests on official

• UH26JJTJ8

Good question, fair enough. Let's try your suggestion then and see how it goes. πŸ™‚

• UH26JJTJ8

OK, added the pinned message from #how-to-get-support to and renamed that channel to (which is still a default channel for new Slack space members). πŸ‘