What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

hey everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹ did anyone already consider (or actually implement) integration of Algolia sear

UKJND3A3H
UKJND3A3H Posts: 123 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

hey everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹

did anyone already consider (or actually implement) integration of Algolia search services into Spryker?

Sprykerโ€™s ootb Elasticsearch solution is good, but for certain aspects itโ€™s worth considering using a product thatโ€™s tailored for that, not having to deal with implementation/maintenance/hosting oneself, so I am curious ๐Ÿ™‚

Comments

• UKJND3A3H
  • I was working with Algolia for pretty long time and consider it as very very nice tool as a search engine

• UM53ZHLTF
    UM53ZHLTF Posts: 43 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Sounds good, but spryker wise to replace the "normal" search?

• Andrew Chekanov
    Andrew Chekanov Sprykee Posts: 29 โœจ - Novice

Hey Andreas
    We also were looking at Algolia but in another prospective ๐Ÿ™‚
    Now we are researching what should be enhanced in Sprykerโ€™s ootb Elasticsearch capabilities

P.S. If you have an ideas already, do not be shy to submit them at our Idea portal , it will be a great help for us. https://spryker.ideas.aha.io/ideas

• UKJND3A3H

thx Andrew. I am aware of ideas portal. I am also aware, that certain ES aspects have been posted there and have been categorized either with no or with low priority after review

• UKJND3A3H

Which is understandable, as Spryker is far more than โ€œjustโ€ the search area, but factors into decision making, as youโ€™ll understand

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

in theory you need to replace/modify search client to call the service you want. more you can keep interface the same, less changes you need to after that

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

I one project we replaced search with external API and it was relatively easy to do since we kept the same return values, so the rest of the system was not even aware that we are calling something else

• UKJND3A3H
    edited October 2020

thatโ€™s for yves part and sounds absolutely valid.

for data indexing (zed), I assume one could even try to use p&s approach and sync to Algolia using their API (PHP SDK available) instead of elasticsearch

• UKJND3A3H

curious if someone already did it though ๐Ÿ™‚

• U013EK8RD7A
    U013EK8RD7A Posts: 127 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

When we used algolia in one of other non spryker projects, we executed queries directly against algolia and then parsed the result for view. It was SPA application. The backend was responsible for the indexing