What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

(Untitled)

UKGT7RC7P
UKGT7RC7P Posts: 538 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I am not sure if this is easier to manage. You are introducing fragmentation also on a module level and it will be even harder to manage.

• UKHD8KTMF

In general you should config once and only change/modify entries if they change per environment. If there are the same entries multiple times then this is wrong.

• UKGT7RC7P

Symfony switched to this scheme for their bundles

• UKGT7RC7P

(from having a monolithic services.yml file)

• UKGT7RC7P
    edited May 2020

I would find it much easier to manage, and it provides a good overview of the config just by looking at the file tree

• UKGT7RC7P

if you know that all configuration relating to X is in a single file it makes it easier to understatnd I think

• UKGT7RC7P

and the configurations should in general not depend on eachother

• UKGT7RC7P

anyway just our experience, config_default can be difficult to manage / understand

• UKHD8KTMF

I guess symfony switched to this because they deliver config with the module

• UKHD8KTMF

I find breaking up things that belong together counterintuitive - but that is a matter of taste

• UNBSW8S8K
    UNBSW8S8K Posts: 128 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
    edited May 2020

It's a feature on spryker - everything in one place 🍝

• UNBSW8S8K
    UNBSW8S8K Posts: 128 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UKGT7RC7P at our project it was one of firsts things we did.