What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi channel. Does anyone has some measurable ifnormation about how much items can oms process and the

UKKQKJ9FX
UKKQKJ9FX Posts: 38 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi channel. Does anyone has some measurable ifnormation about how much items can oms process and the aprox time for that. Locally when I run check timeouts I see that sprykers

protected function saveOrderItems(array $orderItems, TransitionLogInterface $log, array $processes, array $sourceStateBuffer) 

can take quite some time 10+ seconds. I don't know if this is due to the performance of my pc or. I am using 8.6 versions, are the recent updates faster then this version or

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

It really depends on what you are doing on order saving. Usual mistake is to do too much instead of simply persisting order and then let state machine take over.

• UKKQKJ9FX
    UKKQKJ9FX Posts: 38 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

But that function is from sprykers codebase. I could understand that conditions/commands I write should take long if not optimisied, but I can not influence on this function since it is in vendor right ?

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

There is a plugin stack ( check method getOrderExpanderPreSavePlugins in SalesProviderDependency) that tells what to do, so I would check that. Maybe there is a network call there or something. I saw people putting email sending and stuff in plugins.

• Unknown
    edited January 2021

What usually takes quite a while is recalculating availability in case you have the reserved flag set on your OMS states. Combined with an item split this can take a considerable amount of time. If you don't use the availability feature it might be a good idea to remove the respective plugins, like @UKHD8KTMF suggested.

• Andriy Netseplyayev
    Andriy Netseplyayev Sprykee Posts: 519 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

In addition to what Thomas and Dmaijan said: have you already defined your order management state machine? It is initialized and starts running once order is persisted, until the process interrupts bcs of timeout-transition or condition.
    So if you have a huge process there running with order export to the external system, emails sending and so on - that can take a while