What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Does Spryker offer a feature to add an item to an existing order?

U018XELUZS9
U018XELUZS9 Posts: 167 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Does Spryker offer a feature to add an item to an existing order?

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

you mean after checkout?

• U018XELUZS9

Yes

• U018XELUZS9

If the customer e.g. forgot to add a product to the order before it is shipped

• UKHD8KTMF

this makes little sense to me, how is he supposed to pay for it?

• UKHD8KTMF

what will be the shipping cost?

• UKHD8KTMF

what if you have vouchers, discounts

• UKHD8KTMF

never seen such use case

• U018XELUZS9

I know this case from other projects (not spryker), vouchers, discounts and shipping costs are ignored in this case and it's only possible to add items via the admin interface. The customer either get's an email with a link to paypal where he can pay the difference or get's an additional invoice which needs to be paid.

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Don't forget about the legal point of view.
    The customer finally checks the order for completeness in last checkout step and confirms, that this is exactly what he/she is going to order. Adding items later on would violate this.

• U018XELUZS9

And it's still common, especially in B2B, that customers want to add something by calling an order hotline via telephone

• U018XELUZS9

I mean, I know that this is tricky, but my question was, if there is already a feature/module for this or not

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Okay, in B2B this might a case.

But still I don't think that technically this will be fun. Just thinking about OMS... What if the original order has moved inside OMS before you're adding more order items? How are you going to ensure consistency?

• UKHD8KTMF

we have built a custom flow where checkout was not a checkout but request for quote and then the actual price was negotiated, there you can do whatever you want. That is common in B2B and this is actually a feature now.

• UKHD8KTMF

for b2b of course

• vasily.rodin
    vasily.rodin Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 25 ✨ - Novice
    edited September 2021

That’s also useful for Click&Collect setup (for grocery shopping). So customer pays in the end, when order is collected, and items / totals might be different from what he has seen in checkout. But unfortunately there is no such feature in Spryker yet. Although I think it’s quite possible to implement on project level, all the data for order is saved in database, so you can β€œrestore” OrderTransfer, modify items, recalculate totals with existing facade calls and save it back to DB (this saving part needs to be adjusted, I guess)

• UKHD8KTMF

You just need to rethink about what happens if the items are out of stock or if you will allow customer to remove something from the order. I guess adding something is easier.