What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello All, I've extended the MailToMailerBridge class and added a new method also i have created the

U01NPM6LAG3
U01NPM6LAG3 Posts: 11 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello All, I've extended the MailToMailerBridge class and added a new method also i have created the interface for the same but getting this below error during travis check on this following command run spryker/architecture-sniffer below is the error screenshot and code. Anyone have any idea on this?

Comments

• Projects should not use bridges. Those are core-only (vendor) specific classes.

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

As mentioned in documentation: @(Error)()(Bridges are for core-level only. If you use them at the project-level, you are doing it wrong!)

• U01NPM6LAG3
    U01NPM6LAG3 Posts: 11 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

So I can extend it in project level right?

• No, you can directly use the interfaces and classes
    The bridge concept is for decoupling of modules, which is not needed for wiring on project level. See docs.

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Exactly, as Mark said, you can just use the locator to grab the facade directly and use it’s interface

• U010DNAA3QW
    U010DNAA3QW Posts: 55 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

By the way, if we just use the interfaces directly on project-level, how are we supposed to handle cases where we depend on type-hints?

A short Example: SalesToStoreInterface is being used as type-hint of method getStoreFacade() in SalesBusinessFactory. When we now pass our own StoreFacadeInterfacade (and not SalesToStoreInterface) in the SalesDependencyProvider, this typehint will be broken. If we override getStoreFacade(): StoreFacadeInterface in our projects SalesBusinessFactory, this will be a php error (because they are not compatible). What's the suggested approach here?

• Param/Return types are indeed somewhat troublesome in such cases.
    If there are not solvable, you can use an adapter like approach (just dont call it Bridge then and the sniffer should also be fine).

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

U have to define the construct again in your class on pyz level

/**
         * @var \Swift_Message
         */
        protected $message;

/**
         * @var \Swift_Mailer
         */
        protected $mailer;

/**
         * @param \Swift_Message $message
         * @param \Swift_Mailer $mailer
         */
        public function __construct($message, $mailer)
        {
            parent::__construct($message, $mailer);
        }

and then the architecture sniff would be ok..

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

and if u have still the problem, of course smth so can also solve your problem to ignore this rules

/**
     * @SuppressWarnings(PHPMD.BridgeMethodsRule)
     * @SuppressWarnings(PHPMD.BridgeMethodsInterfaceRule)
     */

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Also, if you have your facade, you should usually implement all the core bridge interfaces there so everything internally in core would work seamlessly