What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi Team, I am facing issues with storing large amount of data in csv file as it crosses the limit of

U03BC5A43CL
U03BC5A43CL Posts: 15 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi Team,
I am facing issues with storing large amount of data in csv file as it crosses the limit of content in single cell. Any suggestion how i can store that data.

Comments

• Alberto Reyer
    Alberto Reyer Posts: 690 🪐 - Explorer

Where does the limit comes from? To my knowledge there is no limit for CSV columns.

If you tried to open the CSV via Excel and got a limit error, that can be the case as Excel only is able to display ~32.000 characters per cell.
    If that's the case, try to open your CSV in a simple text editor.

If the limit is on PHP side, search for fgetcsv where the second parameter is set to any non Null/0 value and remove set it to Null/0 to remove those limits,

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

The csv file itself shouldn't have any limits. Sounds more like the limit is coming from the application you're using to create those files or the target database column.

• UKEP86J66
    UKEP86J66 Posts: 208 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

It’s also possible to create an import reader for different file formats. Maybe an XML stream would be better for huge data files, or have separate files per cell if they are that big.