What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello community! I would like to ask about Spryker Demo Shop B2B. The `composer.json` on the latest

U0159BVDTEK
U0159BVDTEK Posts: 12 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello community! I would like to ask about Spryker Demo Shop B2B. The composer.json on the latest version https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2b-demo-shop/blob/master/composer.json includes dependencies from:

1. spryker-eco
  2. spryker-feature
  3. spryker-shop
  4. spryker
  5. propel
  6. swiftmailer
    The question what the reason to have direct “spryker” dependency when most of them are required in “spryker-feature” or “spryker-shop”?

Another one what the reason to have propel and swiftmailer as a direct dependency?

Many thanks!

Comments

• U01G4K5E0J2
    U01G4K5E0J2 Posts: 194 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

that one is from zen of python, but I think it applies to php projects sometimes, anyway, my guess is explicit is better than implicit?

• U0159BVDTEK

Thank you for you replay. The problem starts after upgrading whole project to new “spryker-feature” release e.g. to 202001. The “spryker-feature” has there dependencies to “spryker” modules and those modules are blocked by direct dependency on the composer.json. It will be much easily with upgrade to have only “spryker-feature”, “spryker-shop” and “spryker-eco”.

• U0159BVDTEK

Therefore we are thinking to remove direct dependencies while they are in the spryker-feature anyway. But it is good to know what is a reason behind to have both spryker-feature and spryker as composer.json does not have all Spryker modules in requirements but only some of them.

• U01G4K5E0J2
    U01G4K5E0J2 Posts: 194 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

you are most likely right to remove them

• U0159BVDTEK

Yep, it looks like it is safe to remove.