If you/your team/ your company is looking to recruit new team members....

Guido X Jansen
Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
edited June 2023 in Random

... how do you approach that/ where do you post jobs?

Tagged:

Comments

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

we all experience talent shortages of course, I'm thinking of things that we as Spryker can do to facilitate the process

• Guido X Jansen

I have several options in mind that we could work on, but would like to hear your thoughts first 🙂

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

we used to have jobs channel but that was archived for some reason

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

maybe we should reopen one again

• Guido X Jansen
    edited December 2021

@UKHD8KTMF I would assume you'd throw a wider net than this Spryker slack channel when looking for talent? 😄 What are the other platforms you all are using? Indeed? LinkedIn Jobs? Local recruitment firms?

• s.kroll
    s.kroll Posts: 118 🪐 - Explorer
    edited December 2021

We did not search for spryker-developers in detail so far. We teach new colleagues the basics in our academy and let them specialize in technology-focused business-units (e.g. Spryker) afterwards

• Guido X Jansen

@UM0EZB9GT what kind of skills/topics do you touch upon in your internal courses?
    And do you make use of the Spryker Academy for those employees working with Spryker (product/sales/development)?

• s.kroll
    s.kroll Posts: 118 🪐 - Explorer

Whilst the academy has a focus on basics and some specialities like Symfony the specialization in the technology units is based on a self-created learning-project with different tasks, together with some materials of your online-academy and documentation. But to be honest, some of these materials especially the developer bootcamp videos (https://academy.spryker.com/learn/course/89/Developer%2520Bootcamp) were somewhat outdated, the last time I took a look at. Our new colleagues recently confirmed this. While being in the “learning-phase” the new colleagues get some easy, low-prio tickets from real-projects which they can give a try on (with assasitance).

• Guido X Jansen

I have seen a big spreadsheet on all the video's that will get updated next year and I know that "Search & Filters" is the first one that will be released.@james.hooper / @U01FPEGV70U will be able to answer any specific questions on when new video's on which topics will be released. We're also in the process of hiring new trainers to speed up this process.

• Mark Dearlove
    Mark Dearlove Director of Academy Sprykee Posts: 34 🏛 - Council (mod)

Thanks for the tag @guido.jansen! The feedback on the Developer Bootcamp is fair @UM0EZB9GT - we actually deprecated the course as it was outdated but due to demand we added it back in as is until we have the resource to create an updated set of e-learning content. We have a plan for 2022 to ensure that what we teach in our Development Basics course with a trainer, is also covered by e-learning that can be consumed for free by anyone in the Academy platform. We are also aiming to release a more advanced layer of training by the end of the year.