What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey everyone, I just planned 3 User Group meetings for Q1 2022. You can RSVP on meetup: 

Guido X Jansen
Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

Hey everyone, I just planned 3 User Group meetings for Q1 2022. You can RSVP on meetup: https://www.meetup.com/Spryker-User-Group/events/

Comments

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)

We already have topics for the Januari meeting, but please let me know if you want to present at the Feb or March meeting or if you have topics in general that you want us to give updates about.

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

what will be the topics covered in January? (if possible to know of course 😉 )

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Sure! You have them inside the meetup:

The schedule is roughly planned to look like this:

16:00 - Digital Doors Open
    16:05 - Welcome by Guido X Jansen
    16:10 - Introducing Sprykers new VP of Product Elena Leonova
    16:15 - Gacela Framework (see below) by Jose Maria Valera Reales (aka Chema), Tech Lead at Lautsprecher Teufel
    17:05 - Product update by Simon Brugger, Director Product Management at Spryker
    17:30 - Distant Socializing

Main language: English
    Cost: free!

• giovanni.piemontese
    edited November 2021

OK, cool.. I didn't see, sorry!

A question: @U015S0C0V29 I know your Gacela Framework on Github, but why in a Spryker Meetup?

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited November 2021

Good question! And I explain that inside the meetup description as well 😉 TL;DR: Gacela has a pretty similar user experience as the Spryker modules when dealing with class resolving for Facade, Factory, Config and DependencyProvider. So it’s a way to understand how it works under the hood, and even better, you can use Gacela for other projects (public/private) if you want.

Disclaimer: Gacela is not a “small or free Spryker”. Spryker is an entire ecosystem framework with everything ready for your webshop. Gacela in comparison with Spryker, is just a class resolver which is similar as the one that Spryker modules have.

• giovanni.piemontese

Ok, I understand.

I don't want to start a debate on that point of view and from my personal point of view. I see it as: Laravel Meetup and then we talk about CakePHP for an hour as the main point of the meetup. (Although in your case Gacela is a bit like a child of Spryker because of its basic logic.)

But as I said, it's just my point of view and anyway I'll attend the meetup and gladly listen to you.

Once again here (I already made them to you in direct chat) congratulations for your work!!!

Please don't misunderstand me! I really appreciate what you do!

• Guido X Jansen

@UL65CH0MC I think in general it's good to keep our minds fresh and and open for what is going on in the world and we also might add another talk to that meetup. I've organize Joomla! Meetups with sessions on Wordpress and Drupal ;). Now while I don't want to take it that far this time, I thought it would be interesting enough as a topic :)

• Guido X Jansen

Other topics wil surely be a bit "closer to home". And if you have topic + speakers suggestions (which can be you yourself of colleagues too) please let me know!