What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello everyone, for writing a successful importer flow, I'm trying to dive deeper into the Spryker i

UQ958DA4U
UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hello everyone,
for writing a successful importer flow, I'm trying to dive deeper into the Spryker implementation.
One question: What is the touch and collector flow about? It seems like an abandoned concept or collaborators in the publish/synchronize process. Do I need to touch my entities or is sending a publish event enough?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Hi Thomas, yes, you are right. P&S has been introduced a while ago to replace old collectors logic.

• Valerii Trots
    edited January 2021

AFAIK you don't need to touch entities any more but have events and listeners instead.

• UQ958DA4U

Ah okay, that means the touch/collector flow was essentially the initial incarnation of Publish/Synchronize where eventing was handled via DB - just like the entity behaviour events... I see!

Thanks for the explanation.

• Valerii Trots

If I know\remember correctly, there was spy_touch table from where collectors took needed entities and they were then exported to Redis\ElasticSearch.

• UQ958DA4U

Yes, that's how the code reads. But now all readers have been abandoned.

• UQ958DA4U

Only the writing part is still inside Spryker.

• Ehsan Zanjani
    Ehsan Zanjani Head of Solution Architecture @ Spryker Posts: 113 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited January 2021

Hi @UQ958DA4U Touch and Collector are obsolete and not used anymore, they are only kept for BC matters, please check if the writing part is also disabled in your project:
    src/Pyz/Zed/Touch/TouchConfig.php:19

public function isTouchEnabled(): bool
        {
            return false;
        }