What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi Guys, How can we create a multi-step form in Yves, should I need to integrate the step-engine for

U01MYFM5Q0N
U01MYFM5Q0N Posts: 11 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi Guys,
How can we create a multi-step form in Yves, should I need to integrate the step-engine for that, or is there another way to make it?

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

If you need a step engine then yes, If you need to do forms and be able to move forward and backwards between them - then step engine is an overkill.

• UKHD8KTMF
    edited March 2021

Also Step engine is meant to work with quote although any transfer will do although I did not try. Also it is bound to Symfony forms and POST methods so if that is not your use case you will need to modify it.

• U01MYFM5Q0N
    edited March 2021

If I want to pass the transfer object from one form to the second form step engine will handle this things? @UKHD8KTMF

• UKHD8KTMF

yes, if should but to be honest I never tried with anything that was not quote. Do not forget the Synfony forms POST limitations.

• U01MYFM5Q0N

Okay, Let me try it. Thank you @UKHD8KTMF

• giovanni.piemontese
    giovanni.piemontese Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 871 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Yes step engine is the right.. u can create own data container with your transfer obj that transfer the data form form1 to form(n).

• U01MYFM5Q0N
    edited March 2021

@UL65CH0MC I have one question can we pass the transfer obj without using a step engine like create data container and pass it?
    Step engine using the session to store data and pass from one form to another form.

• giovanni.piemontese

Yes of course u can do it.. But I don't see any pro.
    U can read and write your transfer direct in controller and provide it in each form data provider etc...

But i would spend 1PD more and write a step engine.. u are flexible and ready for some CR in future. and don't forget that step engine provide already the pre and post condition etc... some step can i.e. already satisfied in some conditions etc..

• U01MYFM5Q0N

you mean I can read/write data container in controller, right?

• giovanni.piemontese

Yes of course.. in controller u can write something so
    $this->getFactory()->createDataContainer()->get or set

• U01MYFM5Q0N

Oh, that pretty simple. Thanks