Feedback wanted: better way to operate on transfer grouping and indexing

Stanislav Pivovarov
Stanislav Pivovarov Sprykee Posts: 4 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
edited June 2023 in Spryker Development

πŸ‘‹ Hello Spryker!

We currently looking for the better way to operate on transfer grouping and indexing.

βœ… But in order to prove the need of this feature I want to ask your feedback about it. And I’m positive that you know the right answer.

πŸ“ƒ Terminology used:
β€’ Indexer function that builds an indexed collections of transfers (please check image attachment example)
β€’ Grouper returns an builds indexed collections of transfer lists (please check image attachment example)
πŸ’‘ Idea:
β€’ Provide unified way how to autogenerate this kind of methods (or the way how you can reuse grouper/indexer)
βš™ Here you can find the example how it looks like in some frameworks (optional).

:thankyou: Thanks for the feedback!

Do you expect this to be in Spryker?
πŸ”₯ - best feature ever, that is definitely something we missed, will use only new approach
πŸ‘ - I/We will use new way, looks more convenient solution
πŸ• - I/We use this methods but they are so simple (take us just 2 min to introduce it), hence we don’t care about automatisation in this part
🀠- I/We don’t use this kind of methods too much
πŸ‘Ž - I/We don’t need it

Comments

• U02SK9QH76G
    U02SK9QH76G Posts: 17 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

this is a case by case situations, sometimes you’ll need the transfers grouped by a foreign key, sometimes you’ll need indexed array by pk

• U02SK9QH76G

if there is a way to automatise these cases, why not have them both?

• Stanislav Pivovarov
    edited May 2023

That’s the idea to have them both or only one on demand (depends on the case). Specifying the transfer property flags let’s say groupable or indexable (this is just an example of the approach)

• U02SK9QH76G

I vote for having this feature

• Stanislav Pivovarov

if there is a way to automatise these cases, why not have them both?

The idea is to avoid ambiguous framework magic, if no one aiming for this kind of functionality and this function takes 1-2 min to introduce

• Stanislav Pivovarov

I vote for having this feature

May I ask you to leave your exact mark (emoji) on the initial message, it will help us to have a transparent summary of the votes, thanks in advance
    @U02SK9QH76G