What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hey, does anybody know an easy/best way to check from the Service layer if the context is from ZED o

Chemaclass
Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
edited December 2020 in Slack General

Hey, does anybody know an easy/best way to check from the Service layer if the context is from ZED or YVES?
The only way I find is by using the APPLICATION global variable (which is defined in index.php)

Comments

• why do you want to do that?

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

good question. I am facing a really interesting use case related with the user-agent of the browser.
    Some context: we have a common Service named PaymentMethodQualifier which is verifying different payment method qualifiers and one of them is to disable a particular payment method for concretes user agent (yes, we have some edge case problem with some user agents).
    The thing here is we decided to enable this UserAgentQualifier only when the application is YVES, and not ZED, because this common service PaymentMethodQualifier can be called from any of them.
    Yes, this is "a bit" hacky, but let's call it: "proof of concept".

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

A service is a generic common piece of code that is layer independent and takes all it needs from the function input. What it sounds like to me is that you want your code in Shared layer as abstract classes that are extended on both Yves and Zed (or duplicated)

• Chemaclass

Yes, you are right, there is a room for improvement there. I wanted to double-check with you. Thanks a lot! ๐Ÿ™‚