What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, quick question concerning pub/sync: When running our queue-worker, we experience php crashing du

U011HD5FM6F
U011HD5FM6F Posts: 8 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi, quick question concerning pub/sync: When running our queue-worker, we experience php crashing due to reaching the memory-limit (we have rather large messages (several KB) for availability. My solution would be to limit the amount of messages, the task handler for the availabilities fetches and handles on each iteration. Is there a setting to change this and can someone point me to it? (currently, I see it trying to request 4000 msgs each time)

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

Should be configured via https://github.com/spryker-shop/b2c-demo-shop/blob/master/config/Shared/config_default-ci.php#L143 in the appropriate config (eg. config_default).

• U011HD5FM6F

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunatly, this does not seem to affect sync.storage.availability queue and its handling

• U011HD5FM6F

I guess sync plugins use a different setting than events?

• U01A5ARAXP0
    U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

I think you need to configure SynchronizationConstants::DEFAULT_SYNC_STORAGE_QUEUE_MESSAGE_CHUNK_SIZE and SynchronizationConstants::DEFAULT_SYNC_SEARCH_QUEUE_MESSAGE_CHUNK_SIZE for that purpose

• U011HD5FM6F

Hi, that sounds good. Seems to work. Thanks a lot. Is there some kind of centralized documentation for settings or where would I find such information?

• U011HD5FM6F

(except digging through the code πŸ˜‰ )

• U01A5ARAXP0
    U01A5ARAXP0 Posts: 119 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

best documentation is always the code πŸ˜‰

• U011HD5FM6F

Let's not go there πŸ˜‰