What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

I'm wondering why there's no channel for sharing freelance dev availabilities. Is it something that

U01LKKBK97T
U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I'm wondering why there's no channel for sharing freelance dev availabilities. Is it something that this community definitely doesn't want or is it just because there hasn't been a demand yet?
Me, I'm getting flooded with project offers and I'd be happy to connect with other freelancers.

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 ✨ - Novice

There was a channel archived by @guido.jansen, so I'm not sure about that.
    As this is a community's slack, I would expect you can create one and announce here. But it's IMO.

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 ⚖️ - Guardians (admin)
    edited January 2022

Yeah, I archived it because it had 0 posts, not because I didn't want to support this. I actually had an internal discussion if we can create something like a job platform or collaborate with one of the existing freelance job platforms out there to create a central place for this. What do you think @U01LKKBK97T? What would you look for in something like this?

• U01LKKBK97T
    U01LKKBK97T Posts: 287 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I'm missing a place to look for freelance Spryker devs, get in touch with them and recommend them, if available. Could be something simple like a public slack channel where anyone can post freelance job offers. People can get in touch via DM then.
    Not going to make money out of this, I'm a dev, not a head hunter. Just want to get to know more Devs and support my clients with staffing up.

I'll leave it up to you, if it will be a slack channel, a job platform, or even both. Happy enough to read that you're open to suggestions, I'll be fine with whatever it will be.
    When it comes to job platforms, I like https://uplink.tech/. They're doing the same thing, sharing job offers via slack with ~2.200 freelance members, mainly (but not only) German-speaking. There are lots of php jobs, but Spryker is pretty much uncovered.