What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi everybody, does anybody know if its possible to create/remove/edit spryker stores “dynamically”?

UPWG9AYH2
UPWG9AYH2 Posts: 509 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi everybody, does anybody know if its possible to create/remove/edit spryker stores “dynamically”? That means for example rolling out another store on demand via script without being preconfigured via code. And when yes, any experience with this? As far as i know there have to be made several configurations, stores.php, environmental configs etc. … is there some documentation for this? Best regards

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

I am quite sure that is not out of the box

• UK5DS29L2
    UK5DS29L2 Posts: 546 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Correct. this is not supported out of the box.
    additionally, "simply" disabling the store in config without clearing the database will leave you with broken console commands

• UPWG9AYH2

Okay, even with a little downtime for clearing database etc?

• UK5DS29L2

again: not out of the box
    this can be scripted, but there's no existing console command for that

• UPWG9AYH2

okay, so therefore the question if anybody else had a similar scenario …

• UK5DS29L2

I have disabled stores (which is why I know this will break) but I didn't have to create a script for it, we just create documentation for later if we happen to remove a store somewhere in the future

• Denis Turkov
    Denis Turkov VP Architecture Sprykee Posts: 40 🏛 - Council (mod)
    edited December 2019

In the 1st part of 2020 we are going to detach the multi-store concept from codebase and env. With this, stores will become a virtual concept which you will be able to manage in DB. Custom codebucket (codebase extensions per store) will be enabled as well (eg DE and FR stores could use EU codebucket).

Until then it's possible only with project automation, where you need to consider a few store relationships:
    • console commands should be able to access all stores in configured persistence
    • RPC calls are bound to a store context, which is defined by APPLICATION_STORE env param
    • codebase support per store extensions, you need to assess project code which leverages this feature