What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi all, I am working on a „managed-shop“ (actually a marketplace implementation) using Spryker. We h

ULL0N440J
ULL0N440J Posts: 184 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi all,
I am working on a „managed-shop“ (actually a marketplace implementation) using Spryker.
We have partners, which want to offer a shop to their individual customers. And we will provide this shop - our products, their design and their prices (by margin).

Some of the usecases we are facing (for each partner):

• margin
  • customer management
  • assortment (product-lists)

I am currently working on the last point: I want to have a UI in Yves, which allows a partner (the administrator of a company) to say „My customers should only be able to buy apple Products“.

What do you guys think about this idea? It might sound weird, that we’re about to implement a backend into the (originally separated) frontend. Is the point of having individual margins per company / business-unit maybe even relevant for you?

Comments

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

at least on one project we have even more complicated use cases (different prices, margins, sources, company accounts with access level and permission etc.). This is quite common requirement for marketplace projects.

• UH26JJTJ8
    UH26JJTJ8 Posts: 9 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

@UJ8Q2T36E, @UKBSFUDEJ, this is related to the "Product list management UI in Yves" topic I raised yesterday / today.

• UH26JJTJ8
    UH26JJTJ8 Posts: 9 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
  • Denis Turkov
    Denis Turkov VP Architecture Sprykee Posts: 40 🏛 - Council (mod)

Hey @ULL0N440J,
    It's quite a challenge to prepare Yves for Merchant capabilities. Nevertheless, some of our partners successfully solve this challenge. In this case, I could only recommend following the Separation of Concerns principle (eg implementing separate modules addressing Merchant specific logic).

We consider Zed UI as the closest viewpoint to the Merchant interactions from ACL and data control perspectives.

• ULL0N440J
    ULL0N440J Posts: 184 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
    edited August 2019

Hey Denis,
    what I need is a client to access product-lists (our parnter will create, update and delete product-lists) and merchant-relations (and append them to a selection of his customers). This is probably not existing yet.
    I don't know, how product-lists are applied to Yves in detail (I suppose productlists are appended while querying against ES). But wouldn't it be possible, to access the merchant-relation/ product-list over the business-unit? I mean the Client might be given there 🤔

• UKHD8KTMF
    UKHD8KTMF Posts: 393 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Of course you can implement it. As far as I am aware there is nothing out of the box you can use.