What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Good Morning! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿš€๐ŸŒš I wanted to share with you that I am working on

Chemaclass
Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
edited February 2021 in Knowledge Sharing

Good Morning! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿš€๐ŸŒš
I wanted to share with you that I am working on a new Functional Programming language that compiles to PHP called Phel.
It is a dialect ofย Lispย inspired by Clojure and Janet. And we just released the very first version ๐Ÿฅณ

• Built on PHPโ€™s ecosystem
  • Good error reporting
  • Different Datastructures (Arrays, Tables, and Tuples)
  • Macros
  • Recursive functions
  • Powerful but simple Syntax
  • REPL

I wrote an article about it: check it out on Medium or DevTo. I hope youโ€™ll like it โญ๏ธ

Comments

• USZ0XG6SK
    USZ0XG6SK Posts: 111 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

That is a lot of parentheses ๐Ÿ™‚

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

Itโ€™s a valid first impression. But once you start with it, you will realise it isnโ€™t really much more than with PHP (or Java [compared with Clojure]) ๐Ÿ˜‰