What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello Spryker devs! During this year's breakout week at Turbine Kreuzberg we created a tiny PhpStor

jochen.gartner
jochen.gartner Posts: 42 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hello Spryker devs!

During this year's breakout week at Turbine Kreuzberg we created a tiny PhpStorm plugin called "PYZ" that takes away 2 pain points we had for years, and finally managed to publish it in the Jetbrains marketplace. The 2 main features are:

Extending core classes on project level
-> You have to create the directory structure, create the file, extend the core class, import with alias... For this we built a context menu action "Extend in PYZ", the plugin will take care of all these steps.

Navigating from a zed stub to the gateway controller
-> The plugin makes the URL-string in a zed call ctrl-clickable. Also works the other way round, the plugin will search for urls if you ctrl-click a gateway controller action.

If this is a pain for you too, give it a try πŸ˜‰
https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/18215-pyz

Comments

• jochen.gartner

We just noticed that the old Spryker plugin from Project A has been migrated to Kotlin last month. We thought that plugin was abandoned. Is the one responsible for that a member here?

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Awesome plugin! I created an issue as a new interesting idea πŸ’‘

• U013M1LC46A
    U013M1LC46A Posts: 23 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UN96SRMN0 is there a GitHub repo we can contribute to? I already had the class extension feature developed and could contribute my code (together with some other stuff I changed in the default spryker plugin)

• Chemaclass
    Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet
  • jochen.gartner

@U013M1LC46A Yes you are very welcome to contribute. I guess there is a lot of room for improvements and refactorings.

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

Nice job!

for the plugin of project-a (https://github.com/tobi812/idea-php-spryker-plugin) i pinged tobi internally; keep you updated once i know more.

• U013M1LC46A

ah, so that’s a standalone plugin - did you consider extending the regular spryker plugin so that we have everything in one package?

• fsmeier
    fsmeier Senior Software Engineer & Developer Enablement Advocate Sprykee Posts: 1,051 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)
  • Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

For the second point, I think we already added a @uses Controller::Action to all Zed stubs to help solve this pain point. Did that not help? πŸ™‚

• pedro.diaz
    pedro.diaz Posts: 9 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Awesome initiative,πŸ™ŒπŸ‘ the plugin has been in deed abandoned for some years but was now part of the SDK roadmap where we are working on and hope to give you updates soon.

• jochen.gartner

@U013M1LC46A Back in September, when we actively worked on it, the old plugin was abandoned for 4 years, using the legacy devkit. Since our plugin was not about creating a product, but widening our horizons and learning, we actually wanted to created something new. And honestly, we didn't believe we could finish anything within the timeframe we had...

• jochen.gartner

@ULL9CA6CB Yes - but that of course doesn't help for legacy project code and outdated packages :)

• jochen.gartner

@U02PBMFCKL0 Sounds good! We have some wishes for new features from colleagues, like molecule navigation in twig templates and navigation in OMS XMLs. To have all of this in 1 plugin would be great.

• U013M1LC46A

@UN96SRMN0 Oh yeah, I totally understand. I used the old plugin with the lagacy devkit for my modifications and it was a major pain to set it up. Plus I had no idea what’s going on most of the time haha. If you have plans to doing something for atomic frontend twig support, maybe we can get in touch as I’ve had the same plans a long time ago. I managed to get it working for Zed UI, (it’s standard symfony twig usage there), by relying on the symfony phpstorm plugin and its twig namespace implementation through ide-twig.json . Was planning do extend that to support Yves twig files as well, but it got extra complicated half way through and I never had time to finish it…

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

@UN96SRMN0 I remember we had some kind of automated solution to add it to all stubs (but I might be wrong here, happened quite some time ago)

• U013M1LC46A

@U02PBMFCKL0 That’s great news! I’m really excited to see others having interest in this topic!
    Since a PHPStorm plugin would be something primarily intended to help the Spryker (dev) community, maybe we can find a way to get the community involved a bit more than usual? @UN96SRMN0’s idea of having the community suggest features that are needed would be a great start. I already have a decent backlog of features I wanted to by myself haha
    And perhaps in the long run we can consolidate all of our efforts into that Kotlin plugin repo that @florian.scholz mentioned? πŸ™

• sebastian.larisch
    sebastian.larisch Spryker Customer Posts: 143 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

thanks for the update and the possibility to configure the project namespace! nice one