What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hello together, i was wondering if there is a (officially curated) list of news-sources (rss-feeds,

s.kroll
s.kroll Posts: 118 🪐 - Explorer

Hello together,
i was wondering if there is a (officially curated) list of news-sources (rss-feeds, blogs, ...) concerning the :spryker:universe. Maybe categorized in...
• general (release notes, important releases, roadmaps, ...)
• technical (security fixes, announcements for future changes, BCs)
• marketing (whatever marketing wants to know, ...)
Could such a collection of sources find its place in the https://documentation.spryker.com/ portal maybe? 👋 @UJN2JRU4F

It could be a good start for (new) developers to get pointed directly to the important news. Everything that could be offered as RSS/Atom Feeds could be easily be integrated into e.g. Slack to publish news inside a team.

Comments

• Christian von Schassen
    Christian von Schassen Director Partner Succcess Management Sprykee Posts: 33 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi Sebastian, great idea! We are planning something like this for our (Solution) Partner Portal. When we've done that, we are considering to build a customer portal alike. If you don't have access to the partner portal yet, please let me know.

• s.kroll

Hello @UJLM6CAFR and thanks for the reply. We already started collecting some sources for internal use. We mostly focus on RSS/Atom feeds because they are easy to combine and share. So if you are already on this topic too, it would be nice to have a feed for this page here: https://api.release.spryker.com/release-history 😉
    I personally do not have a partner-portal access but our business-unit manager has one, I will ask him if we can share the account

• Christian von Schassen
    Christian von Schassen Director Partner Succcess Management Sprykee Posts: 33 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Perfect, please ask him to share it, as we will offer more and more content for delivery teams over the next months. 🙂

For the release history via RSS feed: @UQK3ZPJEN is this something you might consider?

• Yes, if there is enough interest, this is definitly something easy to roll out the next weeks.

• s.kroll

Interest++

• @UM0EZB9GT Is an RSS feed with textual info enough here? Or is a more XML like feed with module details relevant? If all that find it useful could add a few more details on their requirements, this can be included in the assessment.

• s.kroll

At least for us it would be totally fine to have a feed with a release-date automatically given in rss I think), an article-title (e.g. CC-123 bugfix for xy) and some basic information as plain-text in the body of the article.

• s.kroll

So basically the information from these 3 columns here. If it is possible to add some information about the affected modules inside the article-body, would be even better. But it definitely does not have to look fancy 😉

• Can you check if https://api.release.spryker.com/release-feed.rss suits the needs?
    Notice: It is beta.

If so, I can start the process to stabilize and publish officially around next week.

• s.kroll

Hello @UQK3ZPJEN and first of all sorry for the late response. It looks like I missed your previous message. I just tested it and least for me/us it is totally fine 👌🙂

• U01660GHSTT
    U01660GHSTT Posts: 80 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Hi, sorry for the late response. Have been on vacation the last two weeks.
    Thanks for the feed. It works and is really helpful.