What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

> “Promote best practice when you believe in them, but own your shit if you were wrong. [...] &g

Chemaclass
Chemaclass Tech Lead Spryker Solution Partner Posts: 213 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet
edited June 2021 in Knowledge Sharing

“Promote best practice when you believe in them, but own your shit if you were wrong. [...]
What matters is the behavior we spread among the people around us.

https://tomasvotruba.com/blog/why-should-we-talk-about-our-mitakes-in-php-community/

Comments

• Ahmed Sabaa
    Ahmed Sabaa Senior Application Architect @Spryker Posts: 54 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

People are too proud to “own their shit”. I personally like this approach thugh!

• U01TZ93MPSQ
    U01TZ93MPSQ Posts: 40 🧑🏻‍🚀 - Cadet

Great Article! Especially the "Long Tail Effect" is something I have been warning people about a lot. PHP has moved quite a bit in a short time (like the web itself has) but older content is usually higher in search engines and on StackOverflow etc.

This also goes the opposite way, where people have send me articles describing php shortcomings from the 5.3 days, which are obviously no longer true!

Thx for sharing