What are the Slack Archives?

It’s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! There’s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you won’t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Hi, Can anyone guide me in implementing Google Analytics in Spryker E-comm website. Can the implemen

U02QGN93WV9
U02QGN93WV9 Posts: 5 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Hi, Can anyone guide me in implementing Google Analytics in Spryker E-comm website. Can the implementation be done as that of implementing the same on other sites or does it require anything more? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

the basics will be just adding GA to your tag manager

• Guido X Jansen
    Guido X Jansen Global Business & Technology Evangelist Sprykee Posts: 424 βš–οΈ - Guardians (admin)

But I assume you'd also want to enable/use Enhance Ecommerce

• Guido X Jansen

I do see that Fond Of has made something for that (available at https://github.com/fond-of/spryker-enhanced-ecommerce) but that doesn't seem to have any documentation so not sure if that takes care of that

• U02QGN93WV9
    edited December 2021

Thanks @guido.jansen. So, adding of GA Tag is on the footer of the page like that of any other websites? Thanks. Will look at the above mentioned module also. Thanks!

• Guido X Jansen
    edited December 2021

No, as per Google Analytics' instructions (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1008080?hl=en#zippy=%2Cin-this-article), your tracking code (on any site) should always be placed just after the opening of the tag of the website (never in the footer).

But assuming you're using GTM, you can follow this instead: https://support.google.com/tagmanager/answer/6107124?hl=en

• UK7KBE2JW
    UK7KBE2JW Posts: 463 πŸ§‘πŸ»β€πŸš€ - Cadet

Yeah, sorry for the missing documentation. For the enhanced ecom you have to register in TwigDependencyProvider the EnhancedEcommerceTwigExtension in the getTwigPlugins function.

• UK7KBE2JW

For the complete GTM integration you also need

"fond-of-spryker/google-microdata": "^1.0.0",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-site-verification": "^1.0.0",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-category-connector": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-category-product-connector": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-order-connector": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-product-connector": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-quote-connector": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-session-connector": "dev-main",
    "fond-of-spryker/google-tag-manager-store-connector": "dev-main",

• UK7KBE2JW

most of the packages will be updated in the next days to fit the latest changes made by google

• Guido X Jansen

@UK7KBE2JW thanks for adding all that info! This is all for GA UA I assume (and not GA 4)

• UK7KBE2JW

Dunno πŸ™‚

• UK7KBE2JW

Atm not involved in the gtm integration

• Guido X Jansen

ok

• Guido X Jansen

@U02QGN93WV9 does the above help you? :)

• U02QGN93WV9
    edited December 2021

Thanks @guido.jansen. Very much helpful :)....Will check on the implementation factors and in case of clarification, we post my further clarifications. Thanks!

• Guido X Jansen
    edited December 2021

@UK7KBE2JW do you know if anything special needs to be done to get Enhanced Ecommerce working with Spryker?

Based on my pre-Spryker experience, GA EE is always quite tricky to setup correctly.

• Guido X Jansen

Or does the EnhancedEcommerceTwigExtension solve that all directly?

• UK7KBE2JW

Puh dunno. You can use the EE Package without our gtm packages but dunno if it works. We created the packages from above to fit our requirements in tracking with gtm and use them together in all of our shops. Everything should be build modular and it is possible to extend it with the plugins provided by the packages. As far as I know @U02HDTJ9ZRS and @U018NGUFXSP use our packages too. Maybe they can tell for which cases they are using them and everything works well.