What are the Slack Archives?

Itโ€™s a history of our time together in the Slack Community! Thereโ€™s a ton of knowledge in here, so feel free to search through the archives for a possible answer to your question.

Because this space is not active, you wonโ€™t be able to create a new post or comment here. If you have a question or want to start a discussion about something, head over to our categories and pick one to post in! You can always refer back to a post from Slack Archives if needed; just copy the link to use it as a reference..

Are any of the Spryker Kubernetes available in open sources?

U02CL5986G6
U02CL5986G6 Posts: 5 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet
edited May 2023 in Help

Are any of them available in open sources? Can they be found on unofficial sources, or these are closed repositories?

Tagged:

Comments

• Valerii Trots
    Valerii Trots SRE @ Spryker Sprykee Posts: 1,654 โœจ - Novice

Sorry, should have started the thread from the beginning.

I meant that Spryker doesn't provide anything related to k8s.
    So in case something exists "out there in the wild", someone will reply here as well. ๐Ÿ™‚
    If I'm not mistaken some projects might have their own setups already and maybe will share their knowledge.

• UQ958DA4U
    UQ958DA4U Posts: 232 ๐Ÿง‘๐Ÿปโ€๐Ÿš€ - Cadet

We have been running Spryker in Kubernetes since early 2020. Works well.

• U02CL5986G6

Will you please adviseย how is thisย implemented in more details?

• U02CL5986G6

While analyzing docker sdk, I see a completely wrong approach (to my mind) in building images and using them as a corporate product, since everything is built on bash using not a best-practice approach

• UQ958DA4U

We are building our own images using our own base images through GitLab CI. We are not using docker/sdk in CI/CD at all.

• U02CL5986G6

That's really cool. We also use GitLab and the task is to transfer spyker to GitLab CI/CD. Could you please provide a part of the CI/CD on building images for spyker? That would help much.

• UQ958DA4U

I don't know how much I can share here, but it's all basic stuff, really. We start from the official PHP-FPM containers and devise a base image compatible with spryker that also has composer. This is used for testing the code (running console commands) and also used as the base for our shop images. For the shop, we create one image that contains the code (which is used as yves/zed/glue pods) and one with nginx as a base for the assets. So our assets only contain the compiles assets in a bare nginx image.

To parameterize, we use a kubernetes environment where important stuff is overridden using getenv(). Finally, we deploy to Kubernetes using Ansible, where the different stages are distinguished.

• UQ958DA4U

docker build for that shop image runs a customized install script, similar to the docker/sdk one but just a little different.

• U02CL5986G6

Thanks for your reply